Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM

20 posts, read 115,655 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, hope you can help.

I live in Miami and have to drive to Madeira Beach for business. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the area and my free time will be very limited. I had a few questions:

Is it a safe area? Easy to find? Is it a tourist trap or is it nice? Is parking expensive? From what I have read it is close to St. Pete Beach...but not St. Pete? Please help!

Oh- as lame as this sounds, is there a mall nearby, movie theaters...or something to keep me busy on my time off? Or is these anything you can recommend that I should not miss?

I will be staying near John's Pass/Boardwalk area...which does not tell me much.

I would really appreciate any info anyone has, thanks in advance!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 05:06 AM

807 posts, read 3,173,061 times
I'd say that Madeira Beach is safe and of course 'touristy'. There's a shopping village at John's Pass for tourist stuff. Go inland for the Tyrone Mall or north for the Largo Mall. Driving south on Gulf Blvd. will take you through Treasure Island, St.Pete Beach and north will go through Redington Beach, Indian Rocks and eventually to Clearwater Beach.

Google up some maps and watch your speed on Gulf Blvd.!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:41 AM

20 posts, read 115,655 times
Thanks for your replies...I googled a little more and it does look pretty. Certainly prettier than South Beach! I appreciate it and hope to have fun while I am there!

If anyone has any additional info I'd be happy to hear about it...and thanks for warning me about the speed traps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay