U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 03:09 PM

22 posts, read 44,891 times

Advertisements

We are a family moving to St Pete.

With some previous helpful threads I found help zeroing in on prospective locations. I am looking for feedback on areas. could I confirm and get some final advice

what type of neighborhood- with a good family location. I have been told closer to downtown is more eclectic... I like eclectic- but is closer to downtown safe? Also, north seems to have the combo of good neighborhood w/good schools true vs. false???

elementary schools in these areas ( I know a number of people had recommended private- but that isn't an option for me right now- I NEED feedback on elementary schools, just public only) Also, there were some recomendations of areas south of st pete. However, I was unable to find an area with a good PUBLIC school in south. Therefore I have steered away and have leaned more to north, north shore area. If I'm wrong or someone knows of a good school with a good neighborhood- let me hear it!

walking distance to a center of town or down town (is there more centers of town that just downtown in st pete?)

a few that have sounded good, crescent heights, euclid heights, north shore, north east.....
any advice would be sooo helpful. I'm, flying down. I have two days to scour for a house. Thanks in advance for all feedback!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,357,236 times
Old North East is a place you should check out. Older homes, but very well kept. Safe with a good sense of community. Also you are within walking distance of downtown if you dont mind a little exercise

Nav

Old 07-14-2009, 04:39 PM

180 posts, read 403,027 times
I agree with Nav.
Really cute bungalows with tropical landscaping and very eclectic features - these homes also seem to hold value, due to the proximity of downtown. Ride your bike downtown or walk to the restaurants. There's also a really great bay side, white sand beach on North Shore drive that has a beautiful lagoon-type quality. Locals mostly hang there.

The festivals in spring time are also lots of fun - no parking issues in Old NorthEast, just walk to the festivals. It's my favorite neighborhood in Pinellas. imo - Old NE is safe for families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay