U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM

371 posts, read 1,197,763 times

Advertisements

Looking online, Fishhawk looks absolutely ideal for young families. I'm excited to see it, but can you tell me where the 'essentials' are like Target or Walmart, Lowe's, etc.? Are these closeby even though not in the community?
Any info about Fishhawk would be appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 03:22 PM

6 posts, read 16,102 times
I don't know much about Fishhawk Ranch itself but I publish legal notice (foreclosure listings) for Hillsborough County and I see Fishhawk properties pretty often. If you want more info about it, feel free to message me.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,415,215 times
Head up Lithia-Pinecrest until you get to hwy 60. Go east 1/2 mile and you will find Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Goodwill, Cracker Barrel etc. If you take Boyette over to I-75 and go north until you get to 60, you will find the Mall, Target and all the stores you mentioned. Just east of the mall about 1/4 mile in Sams Club. Costco, Walmart and Lowes are behind the Mall on Lumsden. Home Depot is on 60 on the west side of 75. Grocery stores are scattered throughout the area.

Nav

Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM

61 posts, read 177,153 times
As a Realtor I can tell you that the housing in Fishhawk Ranch has sustained its value better than many communities in Tampa Bay because, well, its just so darn nice and family friendly in there! Its hard to even find a single family home with decent square footage in Fishhawk under $200K, which is saying something compared to everywhere else. There is a Publix grocery store 2 minutes from the front entrance of Fishhawk Ranch, and a Walmart and Super Target about 5-10 minutes away. There is also an Outback Steakhouse, Chili's and other restaurants about 2-3 minutes outside Fishhawk. It's a great place to live - its like "Pleasantville" the movie! I wish I had bought in Fishhawk when I bought in 2004!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:31 PM

371 posts, read 1,197,763 times
I visited FH and loved it.....accept for one disappointing thing that should be updated on their site. The restaurants- ice cream shops, a martini bar and a bar and grille have all closed! That was a huge draw to be able to walk to the town center for a drink or a bite to eat and not drive into Brandon.
Any idea if more will come??

Old 08-05-2009, 10:58 PM

17 posts, read 131,424 times
That is terrible news regarding the closing of the local shops and resturants. I hope plans are in progress to replace them.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:19 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,057,914 times
Fishhawk is very nice, but research the HOA fees, rules and regulations, CDD fees, number or foreclosures, etc. before you buy. Best wishes.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 8,984 times
Default Fishhawk Ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza54 View Post
Looking online, Fishhawk looks absolutely ideal for young families. I'm excited to see it, but can you tell me where the 'essentials' are like Target or Walmart, Lowe's, etc.? Are these closeby even though not in the community?
Any info about Fishhawk would be appreciated!
There is a Super Wal-Mart on Hwy 60 (Brandon Blvd) a little West of Mt. Carmel which crosses Hwy 60. Target is further west near Westfield Mall and I don't know where the closest Lowe's is.

However, if you want a great massage therapist, I'm in Seffner which is north of Brandon but not that far away. I'm right off of MLK Blvd. & Parsons. Check my website.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 AM

12 posts, read 32,583 times
I took a drive through FishHawk Ranch yesterday!! I'm looking for a place for my parents who may move from Southern California. I live in St. Pete and of course welcome them to move here. HAHA!! I love FishHawk Ranch!! I thought it was beautiful. I was really impressed with all of the green landscape, trees, water, trails. It was a place I'd love to walk my dog, ride a bike, and just enjoy!! I've looked at quite a few places here in Florida and so far this is the best I've seen. I also drove the surrounding area and found the Outback. I got lost, but ended up getting directions which took me to the mall. That area was really nice too!!! I did pass a Costco and Walmart, Target, etc. Overall, I thought it was pretty. Somewhere I'd happily move my parents and not worry about them. And hopefully when I finish nursing school, I'll be able to buy out there as well. HAHA!!

Old 03-13-2011, 12:41 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,210,862 times
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned The Traffic to GET to and from Fishhawk. Absolutely horrible on weekdays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay