Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 PM

190 posts, read 650,383 times

Advertisements

update: had some more bad service today. so last year i bought a front axle for my car at advanced auto with a lifetime warranty. had a clicking sound coming from it for a few weeks. so i went down there and told the guy, and he informed me that they can no longer get the axle anymore. when i asked to talk to a manager, he gave me an attitude and said " sir i told you we cant help you". and then he walked away...

after a few minutes of standing there, another guy walked out from the back and i asked for the manager. he said he was the manager and asked what i needed. i told him i had a lifetime part and now i cant get a new one cause they no longer carry it. he looked in the computer and he said they have one in stock. so basically the first guy was not looking up the right part or whatever.

so he gets it and gives it to the first guy who helped me to do an exchange. the guy was a jerk. was rude the whole time. and i even said thank you at the end, and he said nothing at all. IMO i am the one who should have been upset. i mean i could have left there and went to autozone and spent 100 bucks for a new one over this guys error.

i swear, auto part stores seem to hire people who know nothing of cars nor computers. i guess i could have told on him, but thats not my style. everyone needs a job, and he is no exception. but these big businesses should screen there employees better. after all, i need my car to get to work to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 07:32 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Damn. I must be lucky or special or something because while I have my own gripes about Tampa bad customer service isn't one of them. At worst maybe I have encountered indifferent service from someone but for the most part everywhere I go the people who work there seem to be pretty friendly.

And as I think someone mentioned bad service from Brighthouse, that blew me away. I have never had a bad encounter with them and they service both my home and business. In fact I find their level of customer service to be something that other business's should strive for.

Brighthouse aside, where are you shopping that has all these surly folks because I want to avoid them lol!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
OK.............Yes indeed, where are you shopping???? I also never had bad service from Brighthouse...or a car store...I know there are places with really bad customer service, but most of them are in Miami/Fort Lauderdale!!!! LOL
We get the bad look from others when we try to help but never from the employees at the stores...........? sometimes we go to a different Publix, the one on Sheldon/Gunn and there are a few people there at the register who seem to be very tired ALL the time........but I can't blame them too much, they have to STAND for hours.....we are not the type to strike up conversations while there are others behind us either, we think as nice as that may be, people behind us need to get home or back to work too so, we can't keep them in line forever and ever, I find it very annoying when in front of me there is someone who NOT ONLY writes a check......................snorrrrrrrrrrrr, but who also seems to to NOT notice people behind her!!!!! (men don't usually do this, Thank God)...but I have shopped at Pep Boys many times and Auto Zone and never had this happen!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:28 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
there are some aspects of Tampa that I like but I've found very unprofessional service on a few occassions. Waitstaff and office workers were either overly friendly or downright rude. Not much in between. Disregarding the Disney area, customer service seems better here in the Orlando area than in Tampa and certainly better than in Lakeland(ugh).

Old 09-11-2009, 09:12 AM

976 posts, read 1,111,947 times
Welcome to Tampa. Orlando is the same way, and dont even get me started on S FL. But you go other places throughout the Southeast - much, much better. It's the people that are drawn to FL and have moved here - especially recently - that have this nastiness, this aggressive, me-me-me attitude. It didnt always used to be like this in FL but now it's almost everywhere. People are unfriendly, I could go on and on really...

Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Yes, the South is well known for it's quick, efficient customer service .

Old 09-11-2009, 11:48 AM

Florida? The south?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Trusses, you want to hear about rude and dumb. Because of an idiotic medical asst in a very well known Tampa medical center my wife's mother has been in great discomfort for the past few days.

Finally gotten it straigthened out after we kept calling. This was a medical situation that needed attention and as I usually find here, someone dropped the ball.

BTW, the woman who caused the breakdown in communication told me on the phone she is fourth generation Floridian...LOL.

Sorry, the lack of education down here comes into play when you have to deal with the many poorly trained and apathetic employees who work in the various offices.

It is amazing down here, you try being nice and polite and you get inept service and no return phone calls. You have to get loud for understand urgency.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Trusses, you want to hear about rude and dumb. Because of an idiotic medical asst in a very well known Tampa medical center my wife's mother has been in great discomfort for the past few days.

Finally gotten it straigthened out after we kept calling. This was a medical situation that needed attention and as I usually find here, someone dropped the ball.

BTW, the woman who caused the breakdown in communication told me on the phone she is fourth generation Floridian...LOL.

Sorry, the lack of education down here comes into play when you have to deal with the many poorly trained and apathetic employees who work in the various offices.

It is amazing down here, you try being nice and polite and you get inept service and no return phone calls. You have to get loud for understand urgency.
Sorry to hear about that, but I'm suprised to hear that in the conversation on the phone with you, she mentioned being a 4th generation native. That's pretty interesting. How did that come into play?

We know people from up north or California would never make a mistake like that.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:58 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,512 times
There are some decent individuals out there who provide good customer service. When I come across people like that, I praise them to their faces (I make sure people around us hear what I say, too) and follow up with a phone call to management. I figure it's a little reward and motivator to continue to do what others cannot or will not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay