Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 AM

326 posts, read 1,301,461 times

Advertisements

My son will be turning one in December. Yes I know I still have time but I'm already thinking ahead. I wan't to know if anybody had any suggestions of where I can hold the party. I'm up for any ideas that I could possible look into resturants, halls, kids places, etc. I don't really want any place like Chucky Cheese. It wouldn't be really big party either the most will probably be 20 guest. Any suggestions would be helpful. I live in Lakeland but wouldn't mind driving about 1/2 an hour to another location if it's really nice.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:48 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,654,488 times
What about just at the park like Lettuce Lake Park. Its not like your son will be old enough to play the games at Chuckie Cheese and know that the party is in his honor.

When my kids turned one, I had a little party at my house with pizza and cake. They got a few presents and they were happy. I really don't think they knew much of a difference that they did not get to go to Chuckie Cheese for their birthday.

You could set up a picnic style party next to the playground. You should not have to worry about rain in December. I am assuming the party guests will be older than one. What ages are you looking at?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:58 AM

101 posts, read 530,175 times
Try Kidz Club over on Bruce B. Downs. I had my daughter's 2nd birthday there last year. It's a complete indoor playplace for children 6 mos. thru 5 years of age (so unlike Chuck E Cheese the little ones won't get trampled by the pre-teens).

When you book a birthday party you get the whole facility for like two hours, including an instructor led circle time, toddler dance party, and bubbles. They don't serve food, but you can bring in anything you want or order in pizza for your party.

Here's their website: Kidz Club

Old 08-12-2009, 08:07 AM

737 posts, read 2,587,316 times
Back in the day, child sits in the high chair and grabs at the cake making quite the righteous mess as photos are snapped (yeah, there were flash cubes on the Kodaks). Grandparents are cooing and baby enjoys the boxes more than the gifts inside... oh, those were the days.

The babe is turning one! Congratulations! Know that he will have no memory other than photos and stories so entertainment and crazy out-pouring of a party will not be appreciated by him. Put him in the laundry basket and drag him around (it's a ride), let him "eat cake" the way a 1-yr. old wants to and he will enjoy it. Have the family baby-talk to him and they'll feel involved.

It's all so cheap and simple and complicating it will only stress his parents... he doesn't want that. He just wants happy people, love and affection and a couple of boxes. Really.

The one-up on parties is about the parents, not the babe. Please, no ponies, bouncy crap things or clowns. Just the baby boy with the cake should be enough for all attendees as it's about him.

Eeww, that was a bit more of rant, wasn't it? Sorry, cheap and easy and fun for your little guy was where I was headed. Please accept my apology, just had to be said.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,377,735 times
Is the party for the 1 year old(prob not, since there will be no memory of it), or the guests. Who are the guests? and what are their interests?

Old 08-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,490,975 times
You could always do it a Lowry Park zoo. They will bring out animals for the kids to see and touch.

Nav

Old 08-12-2009, 02:43 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,298,940 times
It sounds like one expensive event! to take 20 people out for a birthday party! he is only 1! what are you going to do when he turns 3 and 4 and has friends (plus their parents) of his own aside of all your invitees?

I think you could stay home, order pizza's and soft drinks and have all the people over to your place; decorate the place, take lots of photos, let him play with the cake......the adults can gather any time, they don't need a 1 y/o excuse to have a party! make it about him.......he would love the boxes more than what's in them! LOL.....

On the other hand Chef Mickey's at Disney World is really cool, (you'll have to call NOW and reserve tho, as it is always packed) we took my daughter there for her 2nd b-day and she loved it!!! at least the characters are coming at every table and you can get even better pictures! That time it was $25 per person....don't know what it is now, but I am sure it could be less expensive than some places like an actual restaurant!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:30 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,383,968 times
I second the idea for Lettuce Lake. We had my daughter's first b-day party there. We did a cook out and people enjoyed walking the boardwalk. (it was more adults than kids at that age).

Old 08-12-2009, 06:23 PM

326 posts, read 1,301,461 times
Of course the party is more for the adults at this age, but you know what it's his first birthday and I for one would like to have a nice party.
I thank you for your reponses so nice ideas to look into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay