U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 02:27 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,137,344 times

Advertisements

I hear a lot of threads complaining about the traffic here...therefore here's my take on it maybe someone will recognize themselves and things will improve! As our roads are FINE, the drivers are making our roads bad!

1. Use of turn signals is obsolete, some people think that the person behind (or in front coming the other way) must have psychic abilities! well, sadly we don't, the turn signals can be turned on very easy, the handle is right on the left hand side of your steering wheel conveniently located so people can use it without having to LOOK for it! yet...many can't seem to find it!

2. Speed limit: there is a reason why it is posted! so that in normal traffic conditions (not when there's no visibility thanks to rain) to be USED and RESPECTED......................
I cannot understand for the life of me WHY in the world slow people use the left lane? making everyone pass them on the right side which is ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check out page 23 in the manual!!! you can download a PDF copy online! But wait! maybe that's where the problem lies to begin with............maybe these people don't know which is left and which is right? well, with so many high school drop outs, I guess that could be ONE reason as to why are these people clogging the left lane!
Then........it's the oldies....You'd think THEY know which is right and which is left, but nooooooooooooooooooooo, probably 30 miles an hour to them ( in a 55 mile an hour zone) it seems like 90 and they think they have to be in the left lane!!!

3. Traffic courtesy, I LOVE the people who squeeze in front of me ONLY to hit their brakes when they realize that OOOOOPS there was another car in front of me! WOW what a surprise! the road was not all mine! I see this on Veterans every day, one big Ford F-150 (raised from the ground as tho those people wanted to fly so bad but instead they had to settle to just raise the wheels!!!!) pushing people to the right lane! It literally takes on of these guys to make the slow pockies understand they are in the WRONG LANE!

4. The "death wish" people! who come from the other side and CAN'T WAIT for the traffic to pass so they can turn left and swoop in front of me within a few feet of me!!! why is that? don't know....but one of these days they'll swoop in front of one of the F-150 raised from the ground and raised they'll be to the stars.............one would think that THAT may teach them a lesson, but NOOOO the next candidate is right around the next corner!!!

5. Then the "make up & hair" and the "hungry" ....A.K.A overweight and obese who can't wait to find an ACTUAL TABLE to eat at!!!!!!!!!!!!! The "make up and hair" is beyond me, I would poke myself in the eyes and cause permanent damage if I tried to put make up on while I am driving/moving.....yes, these ladies are "insanely talented" to use a nice word! I can only imagine what it would be like being a cop and arriving to the scene of an accident and find the victim with a mascara stick in her eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I think as wrong as this may sound, I would have to laugh first! same as with the guy eating PASTA with a FORK while driving a minivan 35 miles an hour in a 60 miles an hour zone......(he would have the fork right in his throat, if I were a cop, again, I would laugh first) because NO ONE in their RIGHT MIND would do such things WHILE driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you think talking on a cell phone is bad???? I think the above two categories of people beat that by far!!!

If people would realize that keeping up the speed limit (when possible) all traffic around here will greatly improve! and also LIMIT/STOP the rubber necking, (you can turn on channel 55 (TrueTV), if you want to see dead people or people causing accidents, but stop staring on the roads here it is completely unnecessary and it makes me waste my gas 10 miles up the road behind you!!!! traffic, as I noticed so far it is constantly blocked by these people who never read the driving manual to see what each lane is for, and therefore apply that in their daily routine. We don't have an issue with people driving slow, the issue that makes the rest of us seems like crazy drivers is that these slow people occupy the wrong lane of traffic! if they stayed in their lanes, none of the rest of us would look insane trying to respect the speed limit posted! If the speed limit didn't mean anything, then it WOULD NOT be posted!

So, for people moving here, our roads are GREAT, there are so many traffic signs it is incredible how people miss seeing them!!!! I can't imagine that everyone driving is blind, otherwise there is no excuse not to see them, actually it is even worst because EVERYONE on this planet would understand our traffic signs as traffic signs are UNIVERSAL.............the only NEW signs you may see up north are for notifying drivers of falling rocks or bears!!! since we don't have falling rocks in our landscape, we don't have those....but we do have all others!

The driving manual is FREE to download online! http://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/english_handbook.pdf Please download a copy and lets all respect the speed limit and other drivers on the roads. Our traffic is nothing compared to NYC where Taxi drivers INVENT lanes that don't exist....luckily we don't have that problem here as our roads are wide and very well designed!

Regards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 03:30 PM

58 posts, read 180,622 times
amen! the turn signal thing really bothers me. actually everything you mentioned bothers me.

nice post!

Old 08-15-2009, 07:58 PM

7 posts, read 20,493 times
turn signal violators. my biggest peeve. Driving for miles on the highway, I'm giving you the courtesy to make the lane change, while i'm backing everyone up behind me, then you change lanes in the OTHER direction

as far as the "hungry" drivers. I'm not obese but I do eat in my car. when you are always in the car like I am getting from point A to point Z you have to grab it and go. But I do understand this point tho.

I've seen people doing alot crazier things while driving. I've seen people actually READING, not taking a quick glance, but READING!! and they wonder why they are getting flipped off i saw a lady beating her kids in the back seat (she had some skills to do that, altho it was wrong)

cellphone drivers are another problem. I almost died a few years ago because of some guy merging into traffic like he was the only one on the road. SHUT UP AND DRIVE PEOPLE!!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I hear a lot of threads complaining about the traffic here...therefore here's my take on it maybe someone will recognize themselves and things will improve! As our roads are FINE, the drivers are making our roads bad!

1. Use of turn signals is obsolete, some people think that the person behind (or in front coming the other way) must have psychic abilities! well, sadly we don't, the turn signals can be turned on very easy, the handle is right on the left hand side of your steering wheel conveniently located so people can use it without having to LOOK for it! yet...many can't seem to find it!

2. Speed limit: there is a reason why it is posted! so that in normal traffic conditions (not when there's no visibility thanks to rain) to be USED and RESPECTED......................
I cannot understand for the life of me WHY in the world slow people use the left lane? making everyone pass them on the right side which is ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check out page 23 in the manual!!! you can download a PDF copy online! But wait! maybe that's where the problem lies to begin with............maybe these people don't know which is left and which is right? well, with so many high school drop outs, I guess that could be ONE reason as to why are these people clogging the left lane!
Then........it's the oldies....You'd think THEY know which is right and which is left, but nooooooooooooooooooooo, probably 30 miles an hour to them ( in a 55 mile an hour zone) it seems like 90 and they think they have to be in the left lane!!!

3. Traffic courtesy, I LOVE the people who squeeze in front of me ONLY to hit their brakes when they realize that OOOOOPS there was another car in front of me! WOW what a surprise! the road was not all mine! I see this on Veterans every day, one big Ford F-150 (raised from the ground as tho those people wanted to fly so bad but instead they had to settle to just raise the wheels!!!!) pushing people to the right lane! It literally takes on of these guys to make the slow pockies understand they are in the WRONG LANE!

4. The "death wish" people! who come from the other side and CAN'T WAIT for the traffic to pass so they can turn left and swoop in front of me within a few feet of me!!! why is that? don't know....but one of these days they'll swoop in front of one of the F-150 raised from the ground and raised they'll be to the stars.............one would think that THAT may teach them a lesson, but NOOOO the next candidate is right around the next corner!!!

5. Then the "make up & hair" and the "hungry" ....A.K.A overweight and obese who can't wait to find an ACTUAL TABLE to eat at!!!!!!!!!!!!! The "make up and hair" is beyond me, I would poke myself in the eyes and cause permanent damage if I tried to put make up on while I am driving/moving.....yes, these ladies are "insanely talented" to use a nice word! I can only imagine what it would be like being a cop and arriving to the scene of an accident and find the victim with a mascara stick in her eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I think as wrong as this may sound, I would have to laugh first! same as with the guy eating PASTA with a FORK while driving a minivan 35 miles an hour in a 60 miles an hour zone......(he would have the fork right in his throat, if I were a cop, again, I would laugh first) because NO ONE in their RIGHT MIND would do such things WHILE driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you think talking on a cell phone is bad???? I think the above two categories of people beat that by far!!!

If people would realize that keeping up the speed limit (when possible) all traffic around here will greatly improve! and also LIMIT/STOP the rubber necking, (you can turn on channel 55 (TrueTV), if you want to see dead people or people causing accidents, but stop staring on the roads here it is completely unnecessary and it makes me waste my gas 10 miles up the road behind you!!!! traffic, as I noticed so far it is constantly blocked by these people who never read the driving manual to see what each lane is for, and therefore apply that in their daily routine. We don't have an issue with people driving slow, the issue that makes the rest of us seems like crazy drivers is that these slow people occupy the wrong lane of traffic! if they stayed in their lanes, none of the rest of us would look insane trying to respect the speed limit posted! If the speed limit didn't mean anything, then it WOULD NOT be posted!

So, for people moving here, our roads are GREAT, there are so many traffic signs it is incredible how people miss seeing them!!!! I can't imagine that everyone driving is blind, otherwise there is no excuse not to see them, actually it is even worst because EVERYONE on this planet would understand our traffic signs as traffic signs are UNIVERSAL.............the only NEW signs you may see up north are for notifying drivers of falling rocks or bears!!! since we don't have falling rocks in our landscape, we don't have those....but we do have all others!

The driving manual is FREE to download online! http://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/english_handbook.pdf Please download a copy and lets all respect the speed limit and other drivers on the roads. Our traffic is nothing compared to NYC where Taxi drivers INVENT lanes that don't exist....luckily we don't have that problem here as our roads are wide and very well designed!

Regards!
I just let the dog drive while I'm eating breakfast... he loves it and it takes away the stress for me. Nice book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay