Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 AM

161 posts, read 450,459 times

Advertisements

found my apt on craigslist, one bedroom condo with two balconies (one in front and one in back) for 540 a month with water and cable included, landlord vowed to never raise the rent, neighborhood is great (old people though), and im right off us 19 near downtown dunedin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,694 times
Thumbs up hello we are moving from chicago to clearwater,fl

Hi There ! Saw what you wrote about the negativity being said about some of the places you are looking to rent from or cities you are looking to rent from ? Well what i know from studying florida for the past 2 months. Is that there are all sorts of mixed reviews. Clearwater is nice around the beach area especially. Inland the neighborhoods seem a little shabby. Didnt look at the neighborhoods to much when we vacationed there 2 months ago. When i say shabby this means the homes look cheap, but neighborhoods not bad. Theres a website (florida census.com). Go there and itll tell you alot about each city as far as races and how many there are. Also tells you about the work situation in each city. We are trying to get into bay cove apartments in clearwater. This complex is really nice for the price($766.00 a month) and its rite on the ocean. Look at the pics literally out your back screened in porch and your lookin at the ocean. The others are the reserve and cayman apartments. There arent too many complexes in clearwater. Im always lookin on craigslist. Thats where the majority of complexes are advertised. We are 37f and 39 male by the way. You are in you 20s. Nice. Let me know if you need more info

Old 10-15-2009, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,694 times
Smile we are moving to clearwater,fl at the end of oct

Hi ! We are a cpl with 1 son . Moving to clearwater. We also found our place on craigslist. Was wondering if youve lived in florida long and just moved there to clearwater ? Or have you moved from another state to florida ? Looking for some info about the clearwater area, that why im asking. Appreciate your info. Thanks ! Dave

Old 03-01-2010, 12:43 PM

5 posts, read 7,876 times
Default Audubon Condo/Apts. - floor noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelD74 View Post
We found ours on Craigslist....listed by a property manager on behalf of the owner. We also looked at a second unit that was nice as well, listed by the owner herself. If you go on Craigslist and search Tampa apts, use keyword Audubon or Feather Sound and you'll see quite a few. I even googled Audubon Feather Sound and more web sites came up with other units available by owner. Let me know if you need any further help!

When are you relocating? If you give me another 2 weeks, I can let you know firsthand how I like it there!

--------------
Did you decide to move to Audubon Feather Sound apt/condo? How do you like it so far?

I am thinking of buying a second floor condo at Audubon.

Is the noise loud from the people upstairs walking on the tile floors in living room? The units have been tiled (the bedrooms have carpet) by the developer during condo conversion.

It seems like a lovely community. Any other feedback (good/bad) would be helpful.

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,137 times
There are a lot of problems in Audubon. There have been pending assessments due to issues with the roof, the noise is poor, the dues are high, etc. I just finally sold my place.....If you can get an OUTSTANDING deal and have a top floor unit, with upgrades, it may be worth it. Audubon has poor construction as well, mostly frame..Honestly, I would look for other places if you are trying to buy.....there are a TON of deals out there...

Old 03-02-2010, 09:06 PM

147 posts, read 354,547 times
I was thinking of purchasing a retirement home in Pinellas County and noticed that Clearwater had many reasonably priced homes under $200K for sale. I stumbled upon the St. Pete Times/Tampa Herald web site and started to investigate the criminal bookings by local police. I was amazed at the number of drug arrests and larcenies in Clearwater. It looks like there are more drug arrests there than in St. Pete. I went to the Clearwater PD website. It appears that they have the city broken down into three zones but I can't figure out if the criminal activity is contained in just one zone or is it evenly disbursed throughout the city.
I guess my question is just how bad is the drug problem in Clearwater or was it just a month long drug sweep in a certain area of the city? Thanks in advance for the information.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2010 View Post
There are a lot of problems in Audubon. There have been pending assessments due to issues with the roof, the noise is poor, the dues are high, etc. I just finally sold my place.....If you can get an OUTSTANDING deal and have a top floor unit, with upgrades, it may be worth it. Audubon has poor construction as well, mostly frame..Honestly, I would look for other places if you are trying to buy.....there are a TON of deals out there...
Thanks for responding to my questions. Roofs and assessments are always an issue in condos. These things eventually get sorted out for the better of all. Condo/home - either ownership costs $ through the life of the occupancy. So, I decided to purchase a foreclosure at Audubon for a many, many thousands under current selling price. As you said, unless one can get an outstanding deal, better to find something else. However, it seems in the St. Pete/Clearwater area constuction stopped in the 'ugly design' 70's. Because I wanted something newer, I decided to buy at Audubon. Either way, this purchase will put me ahead of the curve (won't lose any $) and will make $ should I sell down the road. The location is superb as well as the community appeal. Location, location, location. Buy low, sell high.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:54 AM

Default Audubon, Feather Sound - Clearwater, FL

Hi,

This is an update to my original posting re: my purchase of a condo at Feather Sound.

This is a very peaceful, and private upscale community, yet affordable. ** There is something for everyone here at Feather Sound **. I have nothing bad to say about it and am very happy since I purchased my Audubon Condo. Audubon has had issues in the past due to the management company (which was replaced by a new and less expensive one). The Condo Board is extremely savy, has made some very nice improvements to the property (leaks in roofs fixed, parking lot re-surfaced). The previous management company was very expensive and taking the money and basically cheating the association). As I said, they have been replaced.

I don't hear my neighbors except the usual noise of living in a condo. Mostly, it is extremely quiet. It is so quiet, I can hear the fish jumping in the lake behind my condo - day or night. The Feather Sound community is clean and beautiful. I feel very safe living here. People are always out walking and it is pet and family friendly. There is a lot of nature around - blue Herons, egrets, spoonbills, pelicans...they enjoy the lakes of which there are many. I thought living near an airport (St. Pete International) would be noisy, but I hear nothing.

It is convenient to Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, etc.

Do visit the community before renting or buying anywhere else. I think you will be as impressed as I am with the beauty in this hidden jewel.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay