U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:14 PM

19 posts, read 28,418 times

Advertisements

I am planning to open a Indian restaurant business in near Oldsmar town center Tampa road Oldsmar and Price range is lunch between $9 to $10 dollars and dinner between $9 to $13 dollars. Can some in this forum advice me is the right time to open business and how about the location and job market in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 04:37 PM

232 posts, read 519,857 times
Two tips:

Get to know the people on Chowhound - google it and go to Chowhound South. There are a lot of people in Tampa Bay who love Indian food and on that message board they will want to know about your place.

Also, make sure to buy a small display advertisement in Creative Loafing.

That seems high priced for lunch to be honest with you.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:20 PM

4,550 posts, read 6,860,439 times
Are you familiar with the demographics for the area? Do you have a business plan for this?
There are a lot of very nice restaurants in the area, do you know how they are doing?
I have send you a private message.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:34 PM

Most restaurants in the area open in the afternoon, like City Fish, Flamestone. It is my guess there is not much business for lunch. On the other side, the ones that are open for lunch are lowering their price s so that people will be lured to go there.
I agree with the previous poster on the price for lunch being rather high.
I have a lot of opinions on starting a business, for that is my hubbys precise expertise...

Old 08-23-2009, 10:17 AM

19 posts, read 28,418 times
Yes my lunch will be $7.95 and the lunch will be buffet and dinner will be Ala Carte. Dinner also starts $8 dollars max will be $14. I got some of the demographics but i want you to specify about the crowd for lunch and dinner.
There is no indian restaurant in that area.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:28 PM

The area has several hotels which may or may not bring you customers. But when they go out is in the afternoon for dinner. The lunch crowd is very limited in that area mainly just ppl who work in the area. They just opened a Thai small restaurant in a locale that previously had a deli/bagel shop that had to close due to lack of business. This is the latest rest there.
There's one for chicken wings which is popular with young people in the afternoon, there's a sushi place which is hardly surviving ....

Old 08-25-2009, 05:45 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,639,227 times
There is an indian restaurant just on mcmullan booth slightly north of you, can't remember name, its in the shopping center by Bonefish Grill. They used to be v popular till they changed their chef.
Until I got two indian restaurants on park blvd in pinellas park, we used to drive there to eat.
I am sure you will be a great boon to the ex pat Brits who live around that area and there are a lot of them! I think that Indian food is finally breaking through down here in Florida, but not soon enough in my opinion, I miss good restaurants. Funny they sell Naan bread in my local walmart store now, but no other indian food, how odd is that?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:59 PM

75 posts, read 288,152 times
I know the Indian restaurant Lavender is referring to, it's name is Laziz. It used to have GREAT food, until they sold it about a year and half ago. Before it's new ownership we used to eat there (take out or dine in) once a week, just about every single week. Since it sold to new owners the food just hasn't been nearly as good. Now, when we want Indian food we about 40 minutes to a place we like in Tampa.

IMHO, a good Indian restaurant would be a very nice addition to this area. If the food is delicious, and well priced the word will spread, and people will come.

Good luck! Please let us know if/when you open for business. I'll be happy to give it a try!

Old 08-26-2009, 03:30 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,639,227 times
SunnyP try a Taste of Punjab on Park Blvd by 66th St - mom and poppish interior but really nice food
and they are very friendly owners.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:45 AM

75 posts, read 288,152 times
Hi Lavender,
Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try! We're always interested in good Indian food, and good food in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay