Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2007, 01:45 PM

71 posts, read 333,916 times

Advertisements

Title says it all, moving from Atlanta and needing some advice / info.

Been reading the forums all day and having a hard time getting a handle on all the various communities and areas. I was hoping that I could get a short list of places that might be options.

Me and my wife are mid 30s and our son is 1 yr. old. We have two mid-size dogs (60 lbs.). I'll be working right in downtown Tampa in the Suntrust Tower.

My neighborhood preferences are I don't like to drive a ton but I live in Atlanta now where my 8 mile commute to work takes 30 minutes minimum most days ... so I'm used to it. I really prefer to get a house that I can eventually resell. I don't like the thought of moving into a house that I could possibly be stuck with for a very long time unable to sell if I have to.

Living smack dab in the middle of the city isn't as crucial to me as it used to be. I would obviously like to be near some good schools (though that may be premature but I do intend on staying where I move for a while). My wife and I would love access to the water but I don't really care for crowded beaches so I was hoping to load up the kayak and get to the state parks north and south and up along the Fogotten Coast.

Uh, that's about it, I'm a liberal if that helps. I don't mind being in a mixed neighborhood as long as it's a safe one. I've done my time in the hood of East Atlanta and seen a couple crack houses get hit by the SWAT teams and I really don't want to do that again but i don't mind a little flavor.

I make somewhere between 80k-100k. I'm looking for something under 200k if possible, not sure it is. :\

Anyway, just looking for some more specific places to check out. Thanks for any replies / info.

Last edited by vilehelm; 04-28-2007 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: