U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:43 AM

2,637 posts, read 11,409,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I believe are still $25 or so a carton in FL, it's pretty tough to justify the time and expense with RYO when you can get a pack of cigs for $2.50 a pack.
Clearly you have not purchased any cigarettes in FL recently. They are much more expensive now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,073 times
Hi, some of your local gas station/convenience stores will have tubes. Gamblers sell for about $3 a carton. You can also buy them on ebay and other online merchants. I get mine from fouraceswholesale.com. Good luck.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:39 AM

58 posts, read 229,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinks321 View Post
Hi, some of your local gas station/convenience stores will have tubes. Gamblers sell for about $3 a carton. You can also buy them on ebay and other online merchants. I get mine from fouraceswholesale.com. Good luck.
Can you name any specific ones? Already looked at a couple of them. I did order some on line, but they won't be here for another week.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:17 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,899,535 times
You can get cigarettes on the Seminole Reservation off of Orient Road. There are no taxes on them there. I think my stepson said he bought an off brand pack for $2.00.

I am not sure what else they have there but I know a lot of ppl who buy their cigarettes there

Old 01-30-2010, 12:53 AM

2 posts, read 11,516 times
Default ryo in florida

I been in palm beach most my life and switched because Fl has FSC now (fire safe cigs) I know I can think of two better fitting words than fire safe (FS) that sum up how I feel about them, I buy online RYOcigarette.com or trishascafe.com. people here dont know that you get better fresher non altered cigs by rolling your own, they think that it means twisting a buglar not knowing they have filters and all now in a tube and cigs actually have a nice taste when you ryo, the everyday joe thinks he got use to the cig and thats why it has no taste, but its the stale cheap tobacco the premades contain... Id help if you were nearby (I loan to all, just ask that it never be a one way street, do the same when im out... as for stocking up, the sites ive listed are good, trisha cafe ships within 24hrs, its there in 2-3 days so ya never need more than a weeks worth of supply to maintain.. I am a D&R blender I keep all the good ones on hand to dabble with but it does you know good being hrs from me so grab a debit card and get it online just order enough to cover the shipping time to keep ya from running out, I know you asked for no chit chat but it gets you the help ya need I gotta explain it somehow!!! kydrby4ever at yahoo good luck, Marc

Old 01-30-2010, 01:25 AM

2 posts, read 11,516 times
Default ryo in florida

We dont all RYO for savings i do it because I roll a cig that you couldnt get in a premade, I can say that if you were looking to save , between the smooth pipe tobacco and discount tubes going through the sites to save Ive gotten cigs down to 45 cents a pack and would honestly say it was better than a marlboro red, I wanted to prove that it could be done, but again it aint about savings w/ me I didnt like FSC, it was my breaking point and when you blend the right smooth pipe Tobacco (cigarette tobacco) you get a cigarette that tastes like its supposed to, whatever that flavor that the smoke left in your mouth that got you hooked initially, the taste that you didnt always get but when ya did, ya thought to yourself, this is why I smoke!!! It brought back memories in time and that was a taste that did that, like the 1st smell of winter stirs memories, when you RYO you get that regularly!!! you never got use to it, the cigs flavors are gone because the companies use the cheapest dried out crap they grow, then pump it full of additives to make you fein for more and chain smoke because the cigarette didnt fulfill your need, imagine being hungry as can be and eating a plate of lettuce, youll be full but soon after growl growl, but the equal weight in steak/chicken/fish as the lettuce and your good to go!!! your premades arent fullfilling your needs when you ryo, your good for hours , your use scales back, you dont NEED one, 1st thing in morning or after food, the last cig actually holds you over!!!I was smoking 1.5 pks a day (30 cigs) in 18 hrs (I sleep 6hrs a day) so thats damn near a cig every 1/2 hr, since switching im at 15-18 cigs a day tops, I spent 11 hrs in airports and switching planes and didnt even think about it till the guy next to me mentioned it, yet during my marl red days id sneak puffs in the bathroom at the airport, not anymore! whens the last time you saw someone chain smoke cigars or pipes? they dont need to, the ryo cigs do the same thing !!!RYO magazine.com will update you, you can view it online, when you try a ryo done right youll never look back and its not directly about savings, I had no issue paying the 5.00+ here, its the cheapest habit I have, but when you can smoke the freshest best tobacco available, that is so moist it has to dry before rolling and stuff it in a great tube and still its under a 1.50 a pack youll never look back..and time to roll is nothing(4 mins a pack)Im out good night to all !! kydrby4ever at yahoo

Old 01-30-2010, 05:30 AM

737 posts, read 2,339,290 times
For most smokers I know, it is the oral fixation that can't be replicated using nicorette or the patch. As a semi-regular traveler, I've found the e-cig (www.wordupecig.com) to work much better. As long as I don't tell myself it is a step to quitting, it works great. I paid $80 and it does take a bit of getting used to but I can smoke it anywhere and not violate any laws or offend anyone as it doesn't emit second hand smoke. Also, it is just nicotine, and can replicate just about any brand. You'll never have to buy cigs again - very cheap and environmentally friendly. Google "vaping" or "electronic cigarettes" for more results, but after much research, the URL I submit here was the best choice and great customer service.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:47 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,933,802 times
A Google search turned up dozens of on line retailers of RYO materials.
Order on line, in bulk. Save a ton on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie75 View Post
Just moved here from Michigan, so far, I'm loving it & pretty happy. But, where in the world do you buy cigarette tubes out here?? Seems like all there is are cigar stores, but no RYO/MYO shops available!! Cigarette stores were all over the place in Metro Detroit.

I'm in the Riverview area. Any help would be great!! I'm desperate here.

I'm also kindly asking that if you can't help, please don't bother posting your opinions on smoking and/or other useless comment. It's been a very rough move, & I'm really not in the mood to read what some people post needlessly & have nothing better to do in their life than to sit behind a computer & spout off their mouths on some forum. (I've read here a lot before the move, so I know how it can be). Thank you very much.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:41 AM

47 posts, read 135,914 times
I live in Riverview. Tobacco Depot in Bloomingdale Plaza is ok but a little pricey and REALLY difficult to get in and out of (traffic). We usually buy ours online- 4 bags of tobacco and 12 boxes of tubes lasts about 6 months and costs just over a hundred bucks. the same would be nearly 160 at TD.

@OP - What kind of injector do you use?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,631 times
You can buy tubes at Tobacco Depot in Lutz or Tampa locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or