U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:41 AM

32 posts, read 63,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native2UT View Post
I know this post is a couple years old, but I would love to know where you decided to live and what you think of it. We are possibly relocating to the Tampa area within a couple months and I think exactly like you do! I want new, vanilla khaki (never heard that before, but I like it!) suburbia. I don't need or want to be near downtown. Low crime, good schools, middle/upper-middle class neighborhood with playgrounds, pools, walking trails etc. is what matters to me most. Any pointers you can share are appreciated.
I would highly suggest FishHawk Ranch. We live very close to FishHawk and frequent their Town Square often. FishHawk seems to be exactly what you are looking for. There are several green spaces in FishHawk along with biking and walking tails. There are two elementary schools within the neighborhood and the middle school and high school are just right outside the neighborhood. There are restaurants (a nice more upscale bar/restaurant were the focus is on wine, a pizza place, and an ice cream place) in the Town Square along with a Dance Studio and a small YMCA. There are fountains and a big green space in the Town Square where the kids love to run through and play as soon as it gets warm enough (which is most of the year!) When the weather is nice, you always see people walking or biking or hanging out in the Town Square. It is a very active and interactive community for sure. There is an aquatic center with a large pool, a slide, a playground, a meeting center, and a snack bar. FishHawk is one of those master planned communities and there are several neighborhoods within the master neighborhood of FishHawk and each typically has its own pool/playground in addition to the aquatic center. FishHawk also has concert series in the Town Square along with several community planned events throughout the year.

You will have to drive if you want to get to a big box store such as Walmart or Target though. In traffic you may spend about 20 minutes getting to one of those places. Otherwise, there are a few nice grocery stores very close to FishHawk (Publix and Sweetbay). The mall is also about 20 minutes away in traffic. There is road construction underway right now in that area which may make the commute time even longer, especially if you are trying to get to I-75.

I hope this is helpful, if you have any further questions, feel free to PM me! Good luck on your move to FL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 AM

32 posts, read 63,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattjacq View Post
Are there artsy neighborhoods?we may be moving to lakeland, maybe only for 6 months and will need to rent.
I do not live in Lakeland but know people who do and it does seem to march to the beat of its own drum in the artsy sense. We were in the little historic downtown and there seem to be an eclectic collection of restaurants and coffee shops. There seems to be a decent local music scene. Again, I don't live there and I have only visited a few times, so this is mostly what I have been told from people who live there and what I saw on my few visits there. Hopefully someone who knows the area better will chime in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or