U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:28 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,651,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Jeepgirl, why are you complaining on another thread about the your electric bills and your car insurance( I agree the electric is high here) and having HS students quit on you for whatever cleaning service you offer.

Then on here you say you only hire HS graduates? If you're paying $14 an hour you must be charging well over $20 an hour, that is kind of steep for a cleaning service in this area.
First off, cleaning services - charge PER SQUARE FOOT and charge the amount per square foot (typically between $3-9 per square foot) is charged by ZIP CODE. $20+ is not high for a cleaning service that carries liability insurance and bonding. Being that you do not understand the nature of the business, I have just educated you - I will let you chew on that for a while.

I stated that my applicants are High School graduates - WTH are you reading??? I did not say I only hire HS graduates. What I said and what you said are two very different things. No one is quitting on me, lol - I stated that applicants are pouring out of the woodwork w/ degrees due to the economy. Seriously, put the pipe down and get your eyes fixed.

I was complaining about my electric bill? I was? LOL - I was on a Tallahassee thread where a man ( I suppose who was out of state) said he could not understand how FL people are paying so much for their electric and cable - and I stepped in to show what I was paying for both and mentioned that I heard on the radio where they said that cable companies are working with people to lower their high bills - and I tried it - also worked with State Farm. Lent the advice for others who may also want to try it. No where in that thread did I complain.

It's pretty scary to see someone reading things that were not even written. That's pretty jacked up.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
You're the one who is being racist. I am stating a fact, you don't seen in Southern CA white guys cleaning pools and mowing lawns.

I will agree people do hire the cheapest labor. In CA you see latinos who are not American born doing that type of work. That is a fact, nothing to do with being racist.

I am not saying it is right, I am just telling like it is.

In this economy there are most likely educated people doing unskilled labor jobs, but do you honestly think your colleged educated worker would stick with you for $14 an hour if she could find a job using her degree?

People don't go to college and spend the time and the money so they can clean houses and pools or mow lawns.

You only hire American born workers and your calling people racist?LOL.
Show me RIGHT NOW by giving out the thread # that it was stated by me, where I stated "American Born."

This gets more comical. You cannot produce it. It does not exist. I stated, "American Workers." Which means anyone that is able to legally work in the United States. Legally born? Your words, not mine.

You are on a roll today - not only with me - but with others.

Yes, in Southern CA, you do see white pool boys - and they are found in Phoenix - and Vegas (are you aware that most "pool boys" are the owner of the company and usually go solo or are "pool boys" with their business partner - and do their own jobs?) - get a quick check on my history whereas my postings are concerned and you will see that I also used to live in Los Angeles, lol - I am familiar with Southern California. You are not so special there, Lone Wolf. You're really not.

With business laws in place to now give service businesses a hard slap across the face for hiring illegals, NO, companies are not exactly hiring the "cheapest" labor they can find - which would be illegals. People such as YOURSELF are finding the cheapest labor they can find for their homes - not really caring whether if the workers are legal or not. It's people such as yourself who condone taking jobs away from the American people as long as it saves you a couple bucks. That is NOT ok.

You are awfully annoying.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:02 PM

17,804 posts, read 22,008,425 times
And you are very rude. You can't have debate. You did state in another thread that HS students quit on you. How are they HS graduates if they're still in HS?

I never said I hired illegals. Why can't you get your point across without being so rude?

I am talking about the Tampa thread and you did complain about the high cost of electricty here, you said it was higher than what you paid in AZ. You also complained that your car insurance increased.

I' m am not disagreeing with you on the electric bills, but you were complaining about them on a Tampa thread, I don't know what you said on a Tallahassee thread.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:07 PM

"Cheap? What I am paying here in Westshore is identical to what I paid in both Scottsdale and Fountain Hills, AZ (and those were mortgages, I'm now renting), Chicago, and Las Vegas. My electric bills are much higher and I did not think they could get anymore expensive than Phoenix. My auto insurance, I thought it was through the roof in Vegas! Heh! You lost me on the "cheap" part? Care to elaborate?"

Jeepgirl that is what you posted on this Tampa board on the thread entitled "Professionals what are you looking for?"

I am not saying you're wrong, but you are complaining and you posted this on the Tampa board, not Tallahassee .

Before you accuse anyone of making stuff up, please review what you posted.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:15 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,131,564 times
Default Can we go back to the original thread now?

OK......Let's go back and remember what this thread was about originally......
"Tampa Voted One Of The Worst Places To Raise Kids"

The answer is NO. It is not the worst by any means, think about it this way.......if Tampa is worst, then what should be Katrina stricken region BE?!!!!!!!!! super worst? LOL

These lists are a bunch of crap, nothing more, something to occupy web space! You can raise decent kids anywhere as long as YOU, YOURSELF are educated enough by your own parents! it is NOT the society's or schools job to educate you as the society didn't carry you for 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have wonderful beaches, theme parks to keep kids entertained and all sorts of other venues....sure they are not cheap....but also not out of reach if you do you "white boy" job and GET A JOB!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:29 PM

Well is shows a lack of education when you have to attack people who have a different point of view. (IE Jeepgirl)

People can get their point accross using a civil tone.

When you resort to name calling you lose the debate.

I'm sorry if you can't understand that cleaning pools and mowing lawns isn't a great way to make a living, nor a healthy one due to sun exposure for anyone regardless of their skin color.

A job like that should motivate a young person to think, there must be more to life than this.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:40 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,772,940 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if you can't understand that cleaning pools and mowing lawns isn't a great way to make a living, nor a healthy one due to sun exposure for anyone regardless of their skin color.

A job like that should motivate a young person to think, there must be more to life than this.
Tell that to my buddy Jim that started 20 years ago as a high school grad just cleaning pools AND mowing peoples lawns, who now has a home on Bayshore Blvd, a condo on the beach, a few real nice cars, and 3 beautiful children....not saying that happens to all of them...but it can be a very very lucrative for those that apply themsleves and have an entrepeneurial spirit.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,131,564 times
seain dublin:
"I'm sorry if you can't understand that cleaning pools and mowing lawns isn't a great way to make a living, nor a healthy one due to sun exposure for anyone regardless of their skin color." WHAT??????? Or you are referring to the "Bird Cage" kind of "Gardeners" that you guys have in California????????????????????? hmmmmm

1. I am sorry but I have NOT SEEN ANYONE mowing a lawn around here wearing a tank top nor bikinis! ALL the services that mow the lawns here privately and in the common areas NOT ONLY they are wearing reflective clothing, but also hats, there is no skin showing what so ever!!!!!!!!!!! wanna talk about Dirty Jobs....have you watched THIS SHOW????????????
Dirty Jobs : Discovery Channel

I suggest YOU DO!

2. I think it is absolutely ignorant and insulting to name someone's occupation "less of a job" because what? you said so? who are you to decide what works for people???????????????? It isn't a great way to make a living? ok, and pest control is? being a cop IS? BECAUSE with that job, you can be shot and killed every day! Firefighter? yeah...that one offers a GREAT way to die! Indeed! Let me see which I want to have first skin cancer (which can be treated) or be burned to death!!!!!!!!!THAT IS A MUCH BETTER LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry but in EUROPE were ALL white (99.5%)........should we start importing illegal immigrants for our lawns there too? do you think the sun there is more forgiving? do you ever read what you write??????????

Dude........a job is a job is a job............if it puts food on the table and pays the bills it is good one! You don't really expect that everyone on the planet can be a doctor or a lawyer do you? I for one can't stand to see blood! my husband has to watch his shows in the other room.......and since when do we have ROBOTS available at every corner to replace pool service, lawn service? etc........In Fort Lauderdale, Waste Management has garbage trucks that pick up the bins themselves, no need for people except the driver....however a robotic lawn mower is over $300 bucks, do you think everyone can afford that? and plus they are not that perfected yet either.....

According to YOU who should do these jobs then?......and please don't tell me "illegals" again cause you're digging a HUGE hole for yourself just about now!

I think it is time for you to go back to California......because at least there, everyone else is just the same as ignorant as you.....you could join your crowd again where you ALL AGREE with each other regardless of how wrong you are!!!!!........in other parts of the US people actually work for the money, unlike there where money is being dispersed with buckets on all sorts of crap that should have never existed........see reality shows....maybe you should join one! People in Florida who get a job, actually WORK! ahhhhhhhhhh what a concept, work for the money! OY!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
And you are very rude. You can't have debate. You did state in another thread that HS students quit on you. How are they HS graduates if they're still in HS?

I never said I hired illegals. Why can't you get your point across without being so rude?

I am talking about the Tampa thread and you did complain about the high cost of electricty here, you said it was higher than what you paid in AZ. You also complained that your car insurance increased.

I' m am not disagreeing with you on the electric bills, but you were complaining about them on a Tampa thread, I don't know what you said on a Tallahassee thread.
Rude? Oh, dear heart, you just have no clue how rude I can really be, do you. . .
Where did I state that HS kids quit on me? Find the thread and the EXACT post. I have NO High School kids that work for me now, nor have they ever worked for me. As in, EVER. Bring it. Don't let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash. Go dig up the fictitious thread. Bring back the thread title and the post # where it was said.

Complaining - lol. I was being FACTUAL. I stated it was higher than it was in AZ and that car insurance is more than it was in particular to Vegas, which is known to be the highest in the county just as Phoenix is. Are you stalking me OR WHAT??? You are not even a GOOD stalker who gets info at least somewhat correct.

Go dig up the thread and specific post requested above about the HS'ers. Hurry off now. Bring back the bone and make momma proud.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 09-22-2009 at 04:47 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Tell that to my buddy Jim that started 20 years ago as a high school grad just cleaning pools AND mowing peoples lawns, who now has a home on Bayshore Blvd, a condo on the beach, a few real nice cars, and 3 beautiful children....not saying that happens to all of them...but it can be a very very lucrative for those that apply themsleves and have an entrepeneurial spirit.
Why does this guy keep setting himself up?

seain has no clue about anything. He does not realize how often service owners start out by being their one and only star employee and work their way up the rungs. You do not just roll out of bed one day with this grandiose idea of starting a cleaning and janitorial company and hire 6+ people off the bat, snap your fingers and POOF, customers magically appear. LOL

I found it particularly funny how OFF his math skills are to think that since I am paying my top girls $14/hr, he assumes I charge $20/hr (again assuming that I am primarily residential and not janitorial), that I am making $6-12 off each cleaning - and live in Westshore. Bwah-ha. Great math skills there. Yes, seain, I live and pay all of my bills on less than "$400/mo." Can't fool you, huh!

Too funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or