U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:31 PM

216 posts, read 766,897 times

Advertisements

I usually go for 2 hours approximately, and usually late afternoon so I don't fry.
Have been using the muni-meters.

Can you share where those parking lots are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 12:03 AM

9 posts, read 30,790 times
This is great and thanks for making such a positive thread. All I had seen before this post - negative things about Central Florida cities - and it is refreshing to see that there is still hope for my family in planning our move.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:16 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,992,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar1lyn27 View Post
I usually go for 2 hours approximately, and usually late afternoon so I don't fry.
Have been using the muni-meters.

Can you share where those parking lots are?
Where do you live?? What beach is close to you?

I haven't been to Redington in a while but the last time I was there you didn't have to pay to park on the street. There is Dunedin Beach, not the white sand and on the intercoastal but if you are just a sunbather it is fun to watch the Hobie Cats, windsurfers and boats. At very low tide the sand in the water is grassy and sometime mushy but it isn't bad normally.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:52 AM

216 posts, read 766,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Where do you live?? What beach is close to you?

I haven't been to Redington in a while but the last time I was there you didn't have to pay to park on the street. There is Dunedin Beach, not the white sand and on the intercoastal but if you are just a sunbather it is fun to watch the Hobie Cats, windsurfers and boats. At very low tide the sand in the water is grassy and sometime mushy but it isn't bad normally.
I'm living in S Pasadena now. We are minutes away from St Pete Beach and Pass-a-grille (my current favorite). I was unable to find free parking in either location. I was in Dunedin yesterday, which IMHO looks like a lovely place to live. However it was a good 25 minute drive from here.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 PM

10 posts, read 58,250 times
Thank you for this thread. My husband is transfering to Tampa soon with his company and so many of the Tampa posts are negative. I've lived all over (houston-grew up in and grapevine tx-home now, phoenix, california, maryland, virginia, west virginia, and germany). Found in all those places people who hated it even when I thought it was a great or at least decent place to live. We are moving to tampa bay - no changing it even if I wanted to (which I DON'T), so it's nice to see the positives and I am really excited! Moving to a new area is not always fun but it is always interesting!

Old 11-15-2009, 08:21 PM

59,116 posts, read 78,010,915 times
i love alligators, they keep the turtle population low.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:08 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,992,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpac6562 View Post
Thank you for this thread. My husband is transfering to Tampa soon with his company and so many of the Tampa posts are negative. I've lived all over (houston-grew up in and grapevine tx-home now, phoenix, california, maryland, virginia, west virginia, and germany). Found in all those places people who hated it even when I thought it was a great or at least decent place to live. We are moving to tampa bay - no changing it even if I wanted to (which I DON'T), so it's nice to see the positives and I am really excited! Moving to a new area is not always fun but it is always interesting!
There are always ppl who HATE where they live and usually they are the most vocal. I have seen so many ppl on this board who did nothing but badmouth the area and then moved away, only to move back because they hated their new home and discovered Tampa or FL was not as bad as they thought.

My advice is this.. Look for the good in a place because the bad shows up soon enough.

If all you do is focus on the bad then you ARE going to be unhappy. I love the Tampa Bay Performing Arts center.. you can find Broadway shows, Ballet, Tampa Bay orchestra, cabaret shows and other performances. Go to Ybor Market or Ybor City on Sat for cuban coffee and cuban toast and walk around enjoy the history. Take a walk/or bike down Bayshore Blvd (just not at low tide).. There are art shows, renaissance festival, state fair and so much more.

Enjoy yourself

Last edited by Keeper; 11-16-2009 at 06:18 AM..

Old 11-16-2009, 08:12 AM

4,551 posts, read 6,873,446 times
Great thread ! have learned a lot myself, although here for 5 years now. Like I said before, agree with the previous posters!

Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,987,849 times
I think everybody stated the good reasons for being here. I like the Nature Coast because of the NATURE!. I can walk the forests, see the manatees, fish, snorkel in clear waters, I can watch wildlife in its natural surroundings. Beats the zoo. I like the lack of crowds. I like the laid back
feeling, I like the weather, hot or cool. I do prefer the warmer weather though. Its too cold already. I dont like putting on sweat shirts or other heavy clothing. The closeness of the community, at least where I live. If I want a world class beach, its an hour and a half down US 19 to Clearwater. If I want big city attractions, Tampa is reachable by expressway. If I want
theme parks Orlando is only a couple of hours away. What is there that is missing? Nothing.

Anybody who hates the area shouldnt be here under any circumstances. The same highway that brought you here goes back to where they came from. I will come and help load your truck!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:46 PM

214 posts, read 617,634 times
I have Lake Michigan about 30-45 minutes away from me, but it doesn't compare to the Gulf and Gulf beaches. I can spend hours just walking a beach looking for what's been washed up, watching the occasional dolphin swim by, smelling the salt air, watching a sunset.

And LM will be ice covered in a couple of months...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay