Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,017 times

Advertisements

Just moved here from out of state to learn we have to transport both children to two different schools in Lakeland. Walking is not an option since we are just inside the limits for both schools and the intersections are two dangerous.

This is the craziest way I have ever heard of a state and school district trying to save money. What about the extra 100 plus cars sitting in car pool burning fuel for as much as a half hour each trip??? Shouldn't all homeowners dropping there children off each day get a tax credit at $3.50 (school district's reported cost) or maybe we should be able to charge the actual costs which is considerably more...

How many people out there would be interested in a Private Bus Service for students in the Lakeland area?

How much would you be willing to pay for this service?

50 cents per day, $1.00 per day, $1.50 per day, $2.00 per day, $2.50 per day or $3.00 per day.... Incidentally, the school district can't do it for under $3.00 per day...

Last edited by Market Researcher; 09-24-2009 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: Input Location in Title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,478 times
I have the same problem here in Melbourne, Brevard County. I am disgusted! It makes no sense at all! They really need to weigh in the safety factor and the environmental factor. Personally I have been sendin emails to my local and state representatives.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:58 AM

388 posts, read 1,125,609 times
Crazy.
Where I live (GA) kids are not allowed to walk to school even if they live right across the street.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 PM

147 posts, read 211,791 times
I know this is an old post but just thought I'd chime in. If you are two miles or more from your zoned school, you are entitled to bus service. If there is not a stop near your home, call the transportation department at the school board. Sometimes it is better to take them to the 2 mile bus stop than all the way to school. If you are within the 2 mile radius and deem the roads dangerous, just contact the transportation department and they will do a study. If they agree with you, then they will provide bus service.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:41 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrace20 View Post
I have the same problem here in Melbourne, Brevard County. I am disgusted! It makes no sense at all! They really need to weigh in the safety factor and the environmental factor. Personally I have been sendin emails to my local and state representatives.
The people in charge don't have kids in schools, they don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay