Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times

Advertisements

NE a safe area, but they have crime like other areas. Alarm systems are sensible IMO.
You can walk the streets though, pity you can't be here to see Hallowe'en it's amazing in NE. All the homes decorate themselves up and it's creepy looking with all those old homes and trees? The locals love it and children come from a distance to do Old NE!
You will certainly find 'individual' homes. I will say that insurance is high on the bigger, older homes and getting something that has been rewired will help and any other modernisation that will make it concurrent with building standards today. There are actually some new builds set amongst those older homes and some of them are not so scary in design Some areas are non flood in Old NE, but the nicest parts are nearer to the water and Beach Drive NE. I just spent a very busy day in St Pete, doing the free museum day, and hit the Mus of Fine Arts, Holocaust and Dali plus a couple of others.
There is so much going on always in that location and on top of free museums this weekend there was a folk festival. I just 'befriended' City of St Pete on Facebook and it updates my page with things going on in and around St Pete. As another expat Brit I think it's a very appealing place to UK Nationals and other Europeans. Plus there is at least two Indians and a Pub! Sadly no Fish and Chips!
Also I checked out the homes for sale on 13th Ave NE and the prices are all excellent compared to say 3 years ago. I think sellers are a lot more realistic now if they are ready to sell.

Last edited by lavender; 09-29-2009 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Pye Pye started this thread

67 posts, read 188,284 times
Thanks so much for the information. It's great to have this to refer to when we go back to househunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay