U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 04:14 PM

11 posts, read 28,976 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'm currently considering a relocation to the Tampa area; more specifically, I am considering a move to NORTH EAST LAMBRIGHT in a neighborhood called EMORY HEIGHTS which appears to be on the eastern edge of Old Seminole Heights. Does anyone have specific information regarding this neighborhood, or even more specifically with regard to this street? It appears to fall into one of the areas that has been mentioned as "bad" on some other posts, but I'd really love some very specific information if possible.

Thank you.

P.S. This is the area, if you aren't familiar with its location:

NE Lambright St - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 04:55 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,441,379 times
From what I could tell whenever I've driven through there, it seems alright, just a little sketchy on some blocks. Nebraska is home to lots of car repair places and pawn shops and the common perception among Tampa residents is that "Nebraska=prostitutes."

However, this area is convenient to lots of things, mainly because it is in the center of town. Plus, you have some nice neighborhood restaurants (Three Coins on Nebraska, Taco Bus at Hillsborough and Nebraska, lots of restaurants opening up on Florida).

You're not far from Sulphur Springs, which is one of the most blighted neighborhoods in Tampa. Also, the farther east you go towards 22nd Street, the worse the neighborhoods seem to get. Regarding that map link, if you look near the corner of Nebraska and Hillsborough, you'll see a lake called Lake Roberta. That is a small neighborhood that seems to get positive reviews on this website. That might be worth checking out.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM

Default NE Lambright........

Hey Ferret111...thanks for the feedback...I appreciate it...I suppose that place is quite close to Nebraska and 22nd; looks like about 1/2 mile to the east and west...I don't really mind being close to the built up areas with lots of auto-repair and restaurants - and I can even deal with the prostitution as long as they don't come down my street :P I guess my biggest concerns would be about home invasion, burglary, car theft, vandalism, etc...

Does anyone else have any feedback regarding this specific neighborhood? NE LAMBRIGHT between N 15th and N 19th?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Old 09-30-2009, 08:08 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,441,379 times
You might get some of those crimes.

Here's a link to the TPD Calls for Service website that is updated every couple of minutes: http://www.tampagov.net/appl_police_...mCallsList.asp

You can select different map grids and only show crimes in within a particular grid. For that area, I'd look at grids 45, 51, 52, 53, and 59.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:26 PM

46 posts, read 175,104 times
high crime area i lived there when i lived in tampa. If you like loud music inconvienant shopping and lots of traffic you will love it.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Default I made the move!

Well...thanks to those who commented here...

Figured I would follow up and let everyone know that in the end, I decided to make the move and see how things go...

I arrived on November 3rd and I love it...

So far I haven't really seen more than an average amount of crime in the area - and certainly less than where I came from...

and regarding SmoothWaitress' suggestion that I'll be stuck with loud music, inconvenient shopping and heavy traffic - all I can say is that I must be in a different part of town...

Where I'm at things are remarkably peaceful and quiet to the point where I'm still amazed every night when I lay down to sleep and hear only crickets chirping...shopping is less than 1 minute drive to nearest Publix and maybe another 1 minute to Walmart Grocery and 1 more minute to Sweetbay...and traffic is invisible - honestly, I'm amazed at the fact that so many people complain about Tampa area traffic on this forum, 'cuz after spending 15 years in Los Angeles it seems that "rush hour" here in Tampa is still lighter than even the lightest traffic I ever experienced in California...I went out on Black Friday with the sole purpose of testing the "high traffic" that everyone is always talking about here on the forum and was actually laughing in the car when I found that it was about the same as driving in Los Angeles at 4AM on a Sunday during the rainy season...

I guess I'm still new here, so my feelings may possibly change...but I'm glad I made the move and have been enjoying the quite, convenience and total lack of traffic...

thanks again, everyone...wishing the best...jpr...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay