U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:30 AM

26,746 posts, read 41,075,240 times

Advertisements

County commissioners on Tuesday will consider an ordinance making it illegal for people to block the sidewalk when they park in their driveways. As an alternative, the proposal would let residents on county-controlled streets park on one side of the street in neighborhoods where on-street parking is now banned.

Blocking sidewalks could be against law in Pasco

Wow this will stir up the discussions about parking....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 07:49 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,118,961 times
Well honestly, most of these planned communities are NOT planned with brains to begin with.......These people who build these communities disregard a few facts of life such as:

1. People do have friends that may come to visit.......where are these people supposed park their cars? or are they expected to walk when they want to visit someone in a planned community?????? there is no area designated for such events.....THEN the HOA or the "neighborhood watch dogs" start complaining about "too many" cars parked in a drive way! isn't that a bit of a catch 22?

2. People have family and friends who drive RVs...again, no consideration for that what so ever either.....as no guest parking is EVER built in these communities! My mother in law had to park the RV in south Florida and then drive to see us here instead of just being able to park it somewhere within our grounds! The other option here was for them to pay $80 a night in an RV park!!!!!!! so stupid!

3. People kinda like to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries etc....again...where will all the guests park? nobody thinks about this when building these communities!? It looks like all they care about is to spend $80,000 to build the home and make $300,000 selling it........nothing else matters.

4. They build a 500+ homes community with 2 playgrounds forcing people to DRIVE to the damn playground and the playground has only 3 parking spots, in this heat walking a mile with small kids to get to a playground is just stupid.......someone can pass out and there will be nobody around to call 911!!!! again, these "master planners" don't think about that! to THEM it is more important to have an HOA that is policing people WHO PAY THE PROPERTY TAXES to have their damn grass trimmed to 4 inches tall and not an inch over!!!!!!!!!! and make sure they stay in BEIGE WORLD FOREVER AND EVER!

5. They make 4 bedroom homes with 2 car garages!??????? so God forbid the kids grow and would like to live with the family to save some money, but can't because they don't have anywhere to park!!!!!!!!! I mean I could go around with scenarios about how stupid it is to have a 4 bedroom house with a 2 car garage on and on....

6. There is NO ROOM to street park on these streets either when the property sits at ZERO lot line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry but these planned communities are really not that planned at all which is causing people to have to pay fines of all kinds because the idiots who build these places can't think passed their own bank accounts! "The hell with who gets to live in these communities and what they'll have to put up with, we make our money and off we go to the next piece of nature were going to destroy!"

Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 AM

15,755 posts, read 32,814,853 times
I hate planned communities with their Nazi-esque HOA's. Never lived in one and never will.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 AM

108 posts, read 279,542 times
Keep in mind that many of the gated communities in question are not public land, so the county would have no jurisdiction whatsoever to enforce these rules.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:17 PM

The issue with street parking could be a huge issue for the postal service. If people park in the street it will be hard to reach the mailbox by car and the mail man/woman, has to get out of their car, for every single mailbox, because you can bet that many people will start parking in the street.

We had a fire around the corner and 3 fire trucks came and had a hard time because of illegal street parking on the other side of the street. That was when I noticed what the importance of no street parking is over here...

I understand that there aren't enough parking spots for guests but in one community that I own a home there are like 10 guest parking lots and it is a huge issue over there since most HO just park their car over there for days in a row...so they came up with a parking pass for guests and online access for guest parking....still it is a huge issue since it seems that people overhere have no consideration for others, unless it is enforeced....

Old 10-05-2009, 01:38 PM

The lack of consideration comes from the builder,...you can't tell me I am only allowed to have 3 people over because they didn't think to build guest parking!!! thanks to That the fire trucks, post office etc will be prevented from doing Their job!

Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 PM

In our community, people who have a party aren't roubled iwth a ticket if it isn't on a daily or weekly base....and what happened to asking a neighbor to use their driveway for one time...it works over here, but you need to have a few friends

Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 AM

Where we live, our neighbors already have 3+ cars in their driveways daily, belonging to the people who live there, last time they had a party I had to call the security because they didn't want to move cars so we can go by our business an were stuck because they blocked OUR driveway with on street parking!!!

The point I am trying to get across here is that homeowners get slammed when they have people over, or if someone in the family acquires another vehicle and it is really NOT THEIR FAULT! because these homeowners bought the house as it is......didn't built it themselves! the solution to this issue is that the original builder be called back and have plan and build guest parking. THAT'S IT. IT IS THE BUILDER'S FAULT that people end up impeding fire trucks and post office vehicles from doing their job as these homeowners have NOT BEEN GIVEN another option to accommodate their guests or family members, you cannot blame this on the neighbor's "common sense" where there is NO other viable option, IF THERE WAS guest parking available and THEY STILL blocked driveways and official vehicles then sure, you can THEN blame them for not having common sense; but you cannot expect that a 500 to 2000 home community can use a few parking spaces by the playground????????? or synchronize their parties, that is just ridiculous!

Old 10-06-2009, 07:08 AM

Pasco may go after cars blocking sidewalks

Algia...How many cars are in the garage of these neighbors? Probably none...the same happens over here, people use their garage as a extar living room, fitness or whatever, but not for their cars...

We bought a bigger home so we can have fitness equipment in our home, our trashcan + mowing equipment and bikes in the garage and still fit 2 cars (SUV and Mini Van)...so our driveway is empty...until we buy an additional car....but still we would have left one spot

Next to us the people widened their driveway after a huge issue with the builder...3 people living there and at one point 7 cars...ridiculous. 5 car wrecks and 1 huge truck and 1 business car...after the HOA had fined them over and over the situation changed...almost all car wrecks are gone. just one left in the garage. 2 huge trucks outside +business car without advertisement...and the rest of the garage is trash...the trashcan is outside with a fencing around it. I do have to say that it is a miracle how much trash they can get into their garage without it fallen out when they open the door.....do I have to feel sorry if they get fined for parking their cars in the street or blocking the sidewalk...hell no!

They actually did block the side walk for months but got fined for it by the HOA...mainly because they are on a corner and the first home on the block..all the kids walking to the schoolbus had to go into the street to get to the bus and we had a few close calls, like in accidents and do we really want to jeapardize our kids life just because some one doesn't want to use their garage for what it is meant to be.....

I don't care if people want to use their garage for whatever they want to use it, but don't start complaining about parking issues...almost all homes have a 2 car garage and driveway...which means 4 cars. In case of a party they can double park and get 6 cars in if the cars aren't too big, but they will block the sidewalk, but most parties aren't on school days....if people put a note under their windshield to say they are there for a party they won't be ticketed, but not if it happens a couple of days a week...and look around, mostly it are the same people doing it...

Old 10-06-2009, 07:20 AM

Yeah, we have no basements in Florida to store anything, these people have 3 and 4 cars in their driveways and their garages are indeed full of stuff!!! on the other side of my house they have 3 cars in the driveway and 2 in the garage, these are "car people", they like to collect cars.......
We have a 3 car garage and 2 cars at the moment and the 3rd car garage is used for storage.....it would have been nice to have a basement or larger attic space.......none of which are options in Florida!!!!! one more builder fault! I can understand WHY we can't have basements, but attics?? what's the excuse there?

Yes, some people are storing way too much crap, I know that, but at the same time their options are 1. garage and 2. Storage facility which is NOT cheap!?

It is a waterfall effect created by these builders who are usually to rich to imagine living in a 2 bedroom anything........so, to them, it doesn't matter that a house doesn't have storage, they made their money and off they go........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay