Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 AM

168 posts, read 424,809 times

Advertisements

I am most likely going to move to Tampa in December (I don't have a job lined up but have some leads and they have said to stay in touch. Either way I am not that concerned.) Anyway I have compared costs of living to where I am now(DC) and I am shocked at how much cheaper things are. Most likely what I am looking for is a 6 month or less lease and I am open to renting a room of a house (I do this in the VA suburbs of DC for 735 unbelievable dollars a month with no utilities included, in a bad neighborhood). Anyway, cost is my main concern. Seeing as I may be on a tight budget for a while I am looking at something in the 400 - 600 a month range, which I have seen on craigslist. To be quite honest, living in a bad neighborhood doesn't bother me. I have lived in Newark, NJ and now in the DC area and I can handle myself pretty well (I guess being a 235 lb athletically built male doesn't really hurt anything either). I would like to find utilities included if possible, but I know this may be a reach. Just looking for any help. And if you don't have anything helpful to say, spare the "stay where you are, you'll never find a job and Florida will kill your father and rape your mother!" posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
d-fens, do you have a car or are you expecting to get around by bus? I don't have any place in mind at the moment, but I'll be glad to look into if further if I know this first.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:27 PM

168 posts, read 424,809 times
I have a car.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:27 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
I sent you a direct message with specifics.

Generally speaking, if you enter into a lease term for less than 7 months, the landlord is subject to tourist taxes which increases the cost to you. If you can endure another month, I think you'll have more options especially with several vacant properties from which to choose.

You can also search for local rentals on Move.com.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,688 times
Default Try Lake Carlton

I recommend Lake Carlton Apartments in north Tampa. When we first came to Tampa, we needed a place to live temporarily while we looked for a house to buy. We chose Lake Carlton because our son lived there and recommended it. And it was a great choice. The office staff was very flexible about letting us out of our lease after 3 months. Very friendly and reasonable people. Lake Carlton is a gated community with most apartments bordering and having a view of one of the lakes. The whole subdivision is dotted with huge old oaks providing lots of shade -very picturesque. The buildings are nice red brick structures and the rents are among the lowest in Tampa! I think we paid $700 or $750 a month for a small, two bedroom apartment with a back patio opening on a lake. If I had to give up my house for some reason, I'd go back here in a minute. The only bad thing is parking is limited. I never had to park more than 50 feet away from our apartment but I like to park right in front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: