U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 PM

68 posts, read 176,127 times

Advertisements

IS tampa family friendly, were debating on some areas with VA hospitals tampa being one, we love boating so Tampa seems to fit the bill there but what else is there for families i understand bush gardens and proximity to orlando, what else is there you, and any good family oriented comunities, thanks for your input......
and have a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 09:24 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,261,372 times
New Tampa or Brandon area are good.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:51 PM

68 posts, read 176,127 times
wow not many replies,

Old 10-11-2009, 06:24 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,949,692 times
Really it depends on what your family likes to do.. How old are your kids, what appeals to a 5 yo won't appeal to a 15 yo. Tampa Bay has something for everyone. Flea Markets, Art Fairs, Canoeing, fishing, zoo, aquarium, bike or roller blading down Bayshore, Gasparilla, state fair, strawberry festival, Renaissance festival plus Broadway Shows, ballet, football, baseball, hockey and performances by many artists at the forum. Oh Yeah.. the beach too

Old 10-11-2009, 06:34 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,138,044 times
if you're looking for NY/NJ or central time States "people friendliness" I am afraid you may have to look long and hard around here.........

However there are a lot of attractions around.... Including tons in Orlando which is not far....

Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,197,587 times
There are lots to do. If you are just looking at what fun things to do, then yes, Tampa would be great. I moved here from NJ. My kids were 6 and 9 when we moved down. I noticed that the kids were unfriendly. There seems to be a nasty edge to the kids. Perhaps it is the area we live (Tampa Palms, la-de-da). There is a bit of snobbery in my area and the kids reflect that. I changed their schools to get them away from such snobbery and meanness. They go to Learning Gate Community School (it is a charter school). I find there is less snobbery, but more behavioral issues. What I hear from other parents/teachers is that Learning Gate kids are much more respectful, and behaving that surrounding schools. I find that surprising, because from what I hear from my kids, the other kids are not very nice and misbehave often. There seems to be a tolerance for this kind of behavior. Teasing is accepted, even though the schools say there is a zero tolerance. However, when presented with an issue, they declare ignorance, saying they never see anything. I did not see nearly as much meanness in NJ. A friend of mine works in a middle school in NJ and she says they have a zero tolerance for bulllying and deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay