Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,030 times

Advertisements

I have found a townhouse I'm interested in buying, but no Homeowners Association fees are listed on the website. I called the number who is the broker, but he told me I need a real estate agent to get the HOA fee. Is this true? I have a real esate agent, but it's not through the one listed on the townhome's website. How can I get the info for the HOA fee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 02:08 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
If you have an agent just have them call.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:24 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
You can get it without an agent. I always have done it without one...since many times the listed HOA fees on the MLS are outdated.

Ask who the management company is and call them. I never was refused to hear the amount of HOA fees...you probably won't be able to obtain the rules and regulations upfront but you could and should ask many questions about things that are important to you about a HOA. What is restricted and what not...are you allowed to rent out your home, what are the yard rules, what changes need to be approved by the HOA, what is incl in the HOA fees (ins. could be incl in case of a Villa or Town Home), etc...

Most employees at HOA's/managements companies are very friendly and helpful.

Call your self so you know you ask the questions that are important to you and that you don't get in the situation of surprise later on....

Old 10-09-2009, 09:37 AM

119 posts, read 207,098 times
You should be able to obtain both the fees, and the rules before purchasing. Simply go to the management office.
I would like to add, make sure you do so. I moved into one of these, and had a worse case scenario. I ended up moving out, and taking a huge loss less than a year after purchase. Beware! Condo fees can vary substantially, and they can go up and up as in our case. The lack of rules, and high HOA fees were also the reason I lost so much in the resale.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:06 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Just call them...although they won't give you the rules and regulation unless you pay for copies. The seller should provide you with a copy of the most important things for you which are most likely things that are allowed and which isn't

For example:
signs allowed to be placed in yard.
animals allowed and how many and what kind.
boats, rv's allowed (most likely not)

Most HOA's have trashcan's to be put inside or hidden from view....painting colors of the house to be approved by HOA just as changes to yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay