U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:58 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,967,625 times

Advertisements

I dont know what people expected when the moved to the most southern state in the USA. Its called sub tropical and heat and humidity go with being sub tropical. Anyone who moved here and expected 70-80 degree
day time temps in July must not have thought it out too much or ever visited the area before moving here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Perfect weather in a few days? What 90 instead of 93?

A couple of weeks ago there was a few days of low humidity and high 70s and low 80s, now that was perfect weather. It was high humidity and high temps well into Nov last year.

To be honest with you this seems to be the norm. It is not like you see some drastic or even a gradual change here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 03:10 PM

2,035 posts, read 4,646,829 times
Me myself, im loving the weather here..though today was a little cool, not exactly great beach weather but i will take it over the foggy and constantly miserable beach weather you experience all summer long back in Cali.

Can't wait until it warms up again..love it

Spend a couple winters further north where you are battling snow and ice..that sucks..you will be back..unless you love misery..

Old 11-12-2009, 06:35 PM

I hear you there. I had to turn on the heat this evening at about 630 P.M. to get the chill out of the house. My northern originating friends have their windows open.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:01 PM

lol.. i dono about turning on the heat but even when i was in the area checking things out, in Sept., id turn off the air conditioner in the hotel i was staying in..The heat/humidity just wasn't all that bad..ok, i will admit i did turn it on one night just to circulate the air...lol

While dry heat can be somewhat refreshing for a short time, i could feel all of the moisture being sucked out of me most of the time i was back home, during the summer..But i agree that for some folks, even with a constant breeze, the humidity can get to you here..Especially farther away from the coast..

Living in KS. in the past, i can say that that type of stagnent heat melts you..and im sure that it can get pretty bad in places like Orlando at times..

Old 11-13-2009, 05:06 AM

Yes, inland, like Orlando, doesnt get the sea breeze you get on the coasts so it is more tropical feeling. I lived on Okinawa for a couple of years and the summer weather here is so reminicent of the weather on Okinawa. I love it. Yes, good to circulate the air in the cooler times, but the a/c goes off like you said.

Some people just hate it here so much. I dont understand what keeps them here. Complain, complain and still live here. What a miserable way to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
lol.. i dono about turning on the heat but even when i was in the area checking things out, in Sept., id turn off the air conditioner in the hotel i was staying in..The heat/humidity just wasn't all that bad..ok, i will admit i did turn it on one night just to circulate the air...lol

While dry heat can be somewhat refreshing for a short time, i could feel all of the moisture being sucked out of me most of the time i was back home, during the summer..But i agree that for some folks, even with a constant breeze, the humidity can get to you here..Especially farther away from the coast..

Living in KS. in the past, i can say that that type of stagnent heat melts you..and im sure that it can get pretty bad in places like Orlando at times..

Old 11-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Completely agree with your statement...misery loves company i guess..and while ive never been to the far east..or south east, ive had friends and relatives who would make the same comparison..i also love it..Beats snow and wet cold foggy beach weather any time... and im arriving during the fall/winter months..

Old 11-14-2009, 10:29 AM

4,315 posts, read 5,979,179 times
AC back on.*Sigh*.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:20 AM

8,488 posts, read 18,574,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
AC back on.*Sigh*.
Wasn't the high about 78 in St Pete yesterday?

I know we only got to 77 yesterday.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:17 AM

4,551 posts, read 6,864,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Wasn't the high about 78 in St Pete yesterday?

I know we only got to 77 yesterday.
Wonderful weather here today.... 58, couldn't be better.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 AM

Yeah, i think it got up to about 80 yesterday..supposed to stay mild all week..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay