Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2007, 07:13 PM

5 posts, read 46,354 times

Advertisements

Hi Tampa Residents,

We are considering transferring to Tampa. We love Plano, but need to be by water.

What are the best schools in the area? We are considering public and private. Also, where are the safest areas to live.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 07:18 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,723 times
Tampa ia along the Gulf coast.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:02 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,665 times
funny! and we are moving to Dallas, probably Frisco. I can only speak for the area I live in ... Brandon/Valrico/Lithia area. I'm familiar with the schools that feed into Bloomingdale/Durant/Newsome high schools. All good schools and probably comparable to the Plano area.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:19 PM

5 posts, read 46,354 times
Thanks for the response.

Good luck with your move to Frisco. You can get a great deal here. Let me know if I can help.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 AM

55 posts, read 194,725 times
Default Fort Worth to Clearwater

Seems there are a lot of us going south theses days. How about the Clearwater/ St Pete area for a couple in their late 40's and no kids? We want to be as close to the water as possible, would consider renting 1st possibly.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:16 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake4sally View Post
Seems there are a lot of us going south theses days. How about the Clearwater/ St Pete area for a couple in their late 40's and no kids? We want to be as close to the water as possible, would consider renting 1st possibly.
Very nice area - you will love it! Lots of great parks and beaches, St. Pete has a great vibrant downtown - really beautiful area. Lots of condos and apartments - you shold have no trouble finding something to rent for awhile.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:30 AM

69 posts, read 283,320 times
Hey people , I to am now living in Texas, specifically I live in Frisco and work in Plano, and this is not one of my favorite places, housing here compared to FL and many other parts of the country are fairly cheap, average price for a nice home in a good area is around $85-90 per Sqft . But I grew up in FL. Jax actually and plan on moving back next year. I plan on moving to the Tampa area, probably north like Port Richey, holiday, spring hill. so any info on these area would be greatly appreciated, most info I have researched but how about the misc things, like where are the closest malls ( I have Kids ) movie theaters,etc. now I am used to real bad traffic but what kind of commute would it be to the Tampa area during heavy traffic times , like when I want to go to a bucs game (yep I'm a fan).and what parts of town do I need to stay away from? And if anyone wants some info on this area let me know

Old 01-24-2007, 05:22 PM

523 posts, read 2,830,007 times
These areas are going to be at least 1 hr to airport or tampa area,
I would not move there unless I would be working in that city. Traffic is to bad to get to Tampa. My son lived in Port Richey, It took me over 1 hr. and I would always get caught on the single lane roads in the country.
SpringHill is growing, was cheap but now has high prices for homes too.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:04 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,665 times
That's a pretty house but at $185/sq foot is too high unless you want to pay for all the decorating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay