U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:29 PM

1,443 posts, read 2,647,257 times

Advertisements

no I don't mean Westchase. I dont care about parties, we have them, everyone has one now and again, but the trash is not just on trash days, it's there for days and the wandering wildlife pulls it out and it's all over the place then, a bit of a rat attractor sadly. I don't mind singles, I was one myself once, but I do care when they dont. I think most of Seminole is good, some is nicer looking than others, but good looking to me is diff to good looking to someone else. I like this area, some hate the 70s look. If you are buying you don't want too many rental homes, not every tenant cares so much about the place they rent. I'd kind of like to see more cows around, but that IS a HOA no no here LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 06:05 PM

316 posts, read 969,781 times
clearer picture yes trash sitting out like that is not my idea of anything more than a 'hood' . As for the tenant issue.... in some ways it won't matter any house we've owned I've had 5 years worth of a 'Honey Do" list LOL ....1 exception - this time when I'm done we aren't selling it!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 PM

1,443 posts, read 2,647,257 times
ahhh never say never......

I'm trying to get my list done at least 3 years before we move into the new house, so I can at least enjoy it a little without having anything left to do !

Old 10-23-2009, 05:28 AM

316 posts, read 969,781 times
yep I'm saying never.... here ya go - NEVER .... well until I need to consider assisted living. never never never never!

We've done this way too many times, I'm getting close to retirement..hold it nope I'm not 83 yet ...I have a long way to retirement but I'm really done with the moving thing.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 AM

53 posts, read 160,175 times
Hi, I am new to the forum and also looking to re-locate to this area.
My wife and I have 3 children 6, 7 and 10 and we are in our early 40's.

We are both from the metropolitan suburbs of D.C. and moved some 14 years ago to live in a commnuty called Ocean Pines thats a few minutes from the beach in Ocean City MD. About 2/12 hours from Baltimore

We built our dream home on the water and loved it until we realized that are children are growig quickly and now realized there is nothing here for our kids.....meaning after they complete college.(The school system here is awesome as the school district we are in are all blue ribbon schools an also a big ++ when we moved here, and my wifes a teacher)

It was fun at first but the area has also rapidly changed for the worst More bars, more cheesy stores, more events,lots of transients, beach bums ,week long partiers, renters and now slots have been approved! And continues to get a reputation for "come on vacation and leave on probation." Guess what I do for a living

My wife and I have come to the conclusion that we need to move within the next 2 years to make the transition as easy as possible for the kids and give them the oppurtunity and choices we both had growing up in a metro area.

We are looking for exactly the same thing. A family oriented neighborhood with proffessional, lots of education, culture, tecnology,sports, boating , beachs and offshore fishing.

NO RESORT TOWN!!! and close to the city but not to close. My wife says no more water front living due to flood insurance and other factors...........will see.

Why Florida...its where we originally planned on retiring,...why wait! And we want our kids to be close by.

Why this area.... my wife wont let me live in Miami I've done a lot of research but I still cant get a solid feel for the areas. I originally started out looking in St. Augustine but I would like a warmer climate.

We have been told Lake wood Ranch, Palm HArbor, East LAke Woodlands, Oldmar...Im going nutz trying to research this (HOW I FOUND THIS FORUM) , so we are driving down for 7 days in December to get a feel for this area and taking a vacation in Clearwater on the beach.

We also have old neighbors and a few friends in the area that have been directing us. But no familiies.

Any sugestions we be extremely helpful. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or