Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 02:57 PM

4,286 posts, read 10,766,068 times

Advertisements

Like 1/3-1/2 acre lots or more, so you got some privacy and a good size yard??

Within commuting distance?

Last edited by GiantRutgersfan; 10-18-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 04:24 PM

267 posts, read 1,123,261 times
Are you talking about 30 minutes drive time to the city limits or 30 minutes to some specific destination, like downtown or Westshore? It can easily take 30 minutes to get from one place to another after you arrive in Tampa.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:34 PM

101 posts, read 530,206 times
You may want to look into Odessa....Easy access to the Veterans Expressway, but it's still pretty rural and housing prices there seem much lower than neighboring suburbs. I live in Citrus Park (just South of Odessa) and it takes me about 20 minutes to get downtown--a little longer during rush hour.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:52 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,380 times
GRF - nice to see you on the Tampa board.

The answer is to go east (or northeast) from the city for more land. Someone mentioned Odessa, which is a good possibility, also check out the Plant City area. I have to say, however, that I'm not sure if you'd like that area too much. In a word, it's boring as all hell out there. It'll be tougher to meet people and make friends living that far removed from the more densely populated area of the county.

Also, keep in mind that you'll add an additional 30 minutes to the beach and any boating/fishing in the Clearwater area from there. Conceivably, it could take an hour with traffic to get to the beach from there. I know you mentioned once before that was a priority for you (me as well) so it's something to consider.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:22 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,835,513 times
If you like searching for real estate on the internet using a map try trulia.com it's fun.
you type in a city or zip and then on the right where you see a map click on "enlarge map" (or something like that at the top of the map.

it shows stuff for sale. you can do a refined search with parameters like price etc. you don't even have to click on each marker, just hover your mouse over and a little picture will come up.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 AM

177 posts, read 685,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goi_cuon View Post
Are you talking about 30 minutes drive time to the city limits or 30 minutes to some specific destination, like downtown or Westshore? It can easily take 30 minutes to get from one place to another after you arrive in Tampa.
There are three homes for sale in Riverview on Sugarberry Drive that have 1 acre lots. Homes are about 2000 sqft plus or minus. Our Pastor owns one of them. He moved to Upstate South Carolina (where we live) in January.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:36 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
As others said, it depends on where you will work. It also depends on what you consider affordable. What's your price range?

Old 10-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,491,093 times
Plant city is probably the last place you can still possibly find land that's affordable. Odessa is nice, but it carries a hefty price tag and there isn't a lot of vacant land available right now.

As to the "way out there comments", it depends on your views. If you are one who relies on others to cook your food and feel you must constantly be entertained, then PC isn't your place. If you like a more rural mindset, yet close to tampa, then PC is a great place. I'm in PC and I am 20 minutes to downtown in rush hour traffic. I-4 heading into town in the morning is still very light. Coming from the north, you get buried in a sea of cars. PC is not without its ammenities...There is an Outback Steakhouse, Carrabas, several Publix's, Lowes and Walmart, just to name a few of the more well known places. Take your pick, tight neighbors and traffic noise or the sound of nature. Pick what's best for you.

Nav

Old 10-19-2009, 02:30 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
Isn't Ruskin/Wimauma cheaper than Plant City?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay