Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM

26 posts, read 118,798 times

Advertisements

I've seen some very beautiful homes for sale & rent in the Bridgewater subdivision in Wesley Chapel. But the community's been hit hard by the housing bust. Driving through, you can tell a lot of houses are for sale and empty.

I wanted to get some input from those who are familiar w/ the area. The houses are so nice, I hate to completely write off the community. Sooo....

Is BW on it's way back up? ....going to get worse before it gets better? .....only going to get worse? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Kiki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
It was hit very hard and if you google "Bridgewater" you can read about the drugs, gangs, etc...but lately some homes have been sold so with some new people moving in things will turn around but it can take a while before it will be what it supposed to be.
Look at the basketball court...no baskets to throw a ball in, etc...
The positive side is that they houses are very cheap (maybe will get even cheaper), which comes with the condition the community is in.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 AM

3 posts, read 14,476 times
The houses are very nice but as the previous reply states there have been problems with gangs and crime over there. I have even heard of a shooting or two. I agree that if they are able to get some quality people to moove in there that things can be turned around.
I wouldn/t let this keep me forma great deal on a beautiful home but that's me. If there is any trouble you should immediately call the police. If they are aclled enough times they may be able to crack down on the ones who are causing trouble. Good luck.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM

26 posts, read 118,798 times
Thanks for your responses!

Hmmm...I'm still on the fence. Mostly b/c I'll be living alone. I've lived in LOL for 19 years, and it's so odd - almost comical - to think of gangs & shootings in Wesley Chapel. But I guess that's what you get with the kind of growth the area's seen in the last decade.

Kiki

Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntedHouse View Post
Thanks for your responses!

Hmmm...I'm still on the fence. Mostly b/c I'll be living alone. I've lived in LOL for 19 years, and it's so odd - almost comical - to think of gangs & shootings in Wesley Chapel. But I guess that's what you get with the kind of growth the area's seen in the last decade.

Kiki
From what we heard at a recent HOA meeting which a police officer attendent and in which he gave us tips how to detect gangs and other bad behavior...he told us that Meadow Point had the most issues, but it is also the largets community....about Bridgewater, I don't know if the bad people yet have moved out or not, maybe they have and things are much better...but I'm not sure...

Old 10-14-2009, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,885 times
I am moving out to Bridgewater Community with my family. I love the community. I go out there frequently at night and early morning (especially Saturday). I have not heard anything bad about the community. I think it is just like any other community...hit hard by the crisis. I am excited and happy to be moving out there. It is very quite at 11:00 at night. The houses are priced right and when you get the right people out there ready to make a difference, it will happen!!! Happy Hunting

Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 AM

Wesley Chapel's Bridgewater tries a pitching edge to find buyers

Wesley Chapel's Bridgewater tries a pitching edge to find buyers - St. Petersburg Times

Luckily now the community is half owner occupied...there was/is a lot of crime...

Old 10-30-2009, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 9,515 times
My family just purchased a home in Bridgewater. We bought a huge house for well under 200,000...The community is quiet, and the board is very active. That being said, do not park on the street over night or you will get a warning, at the very least, from the sheriff. We have recently been introduced to the message board which is filled with hostile and resentful owners who bought high and now see section 8 entering our community. I am not happy about that either...because as renters, the investment is not the same. Overall, we walk the dog and kids at night and love the quiet. There are losts of invester vs. owner occupied issues. There is a strong desire to rid the community of any riff raff. I support the efforts.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:29 PM

Congrats for getting the home so cheap. We had a contract on a home in there and where one of the first ones to sign a contract. At first KB homes told us it would be hard to get on top of the list but when they were starting to sign up for home sites we had number 27 and hardly any one showed up. I have to see I was glad we backed out of the contract due to a couple of reason and managed to get our deposit back.
The first one the prices were dropping and KB Homes didn't want to lower the price although prices for others were not had signed were being lowered.
Second, the home was very badly build, even me who has not much knowledge of building a home but had done many walk throughs for homes we bought and sold very quickly, could even see that windows were put in wrong. They made mistakes with upgrades and after the first walk through we had so many things that were done wrong.....(I'm not a person who doesn't like KB Homes, because I live in a KB home which was build very well and we had no more than 5 things that needed attention before the final walk through, all pointed out by the manager of KB Homes)
Third, we were stunned that when KB HOmes refused to lower our price but they gave our deposit back, the sold "our" property for a discount of $ 70K, but right now it is even worth way less...and with the building issues I'm glad we never moved there, although the community looks very nice

Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 AM

180 posts, read 555,637 times
I lived in a KB home in Seven Oaks and it was also poorly built. There was a huge leak in the ceiling and I had a guy come out and cut a hole in the ceiling to find the cause. Turns out they installed the upstairs bathroom pipes incorrectly and they used the wrong type of connectors. I don't know plumber speak but he said it was really crappy and anyone that knew what they were doing would not have done that. Also I had to get a new dryer and when they came out to install it they said that KB had put in the wrong type of outlet and due to fire hazard laws, they refused to install the dryer. So i had to get someone to replace the outlet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay