U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,563 times

Advertisements

can they stop people drive a legal registed motorcycle???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 03:54 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,510,728 times
What do you mean? Like pull somebody over?

Old 11-12-2009, 06:40 PM

4,558 posts, read 6,929,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlh View Post
can they stop people drive a legal registed motorcycle???
Your question is not very clear, but I think you are asking if a person driving a legally registered motorcycle can be stopped; if you don't follow the traffic rules , yes , you can be stopped. Like if you don't stop at a red light, or you are driving too fast or any other traffic rule.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 PM

47 posts, read 136,603 times
perhaps you are asking if your HOA can prevent you from owning/operating a motorcycle in the community?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:17 PM

Ladyspeed Yes does hoa stop a person own a legal registered motorcycle.

the sherrif can eforce traffic laws!!!!!!!!!!! they can not enforce deed restrictioning s!!!!!!!!!!!!

I having problems the HOA deed restrcitions paper. i will have to the county to find the deed restictions .

Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM

154 posts, read 492,587 times
Cryptic, to say the least.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:06 PM

how does get a copy of the deed resticion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,215 times
I know this is an old conversation but after searching google, this seems like the most relevant place to ask. Are there any ways around the "no motorcycle" rule for the East Lake Woodland apartments area? I feel they put that is place because they don't want A-holes coming in at crazy hours in the morning, revving their bikes, and waking up everyone, so would they allow someone to own and operate a bike if they followed strict rules and operating hours? The economy sucks right now, we can all agree on that, and I'm trying to save as much money as possible so riding a bike seems like a great way to cut down on fuel consumption. I would be very considerate and would make that clear when asking permission from the HOA or whoever I need to ask about it....

Brings me to my next question... who do I have to ask regarding this? Does anyone have their contact information?

Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM

26,832 posts, read 41,657,397 times
If it was in the rules and regulations than unfortunately they have that right and you shouldn't have bought there if you are a biker...

Sorry, it is called due diligence which can be costly if you don't have a realtor checking it for you or checking it yourself upfront.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 PM

6,700 posts, read 7,316,280 times
I think before closing you should have been provided a copy...if you rent and the landlord/owner did not inform you of this restriction then you should take it up with them.Chances are the HOA will not make an exception for just one person no matter how considerate you are...you might be able to break your lease if you were not informed of the no motorcycle rule!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay