Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:05 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times

Advertisements

What seems to be the leading factor in scaring buyers away? Is it the high taxes or the insurance debacle or is it the price of homes in itself? Are people being more cautious now and seeing the foreclosures and realizing that they won't be able to afford it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 11:42 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
What seems to be the leading factor in scaring buyers away? Is it the high taxes or the insurance debacle or is it the price of homes in itself? Are people being more cautious now and seeing the foreclosures and realizing that they won't be able to afford it?

ALL of the above.

I don't think it is any one factor.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:29 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times
I agree! I don't think it's any one factor ...think it's just how things are going at the moment ...there's only so much you can do when trying to sell a home and we have done as much as possible.
There's a rise and fall in everything so there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. I also trust that God will sell my home in His timing.

have a good weekend!

Old 05-19-2007, 01:03 PM

471 posts, read 1,661,015 times
Jammie,
It was all of the above for us, plus the wide variety of good choices which made us hesitate about where we wanted to be located, so it made sense to rent for a while rather than commit. And then someone here posted the link to a calculator for renting vs buying(Thanks, thanks, thanks to whoever that was!) I really started researching and thinking about what gave us the most opportunity to make profitable investments and that is now why I say we may never buy a house again.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:10 PM

165 posts, read 657,002 times
we sold our home and our now renting .Our cd's our paying most of our rent.were going to move out of state when my hubby retieres next years glad we sold our home I KINDA LIKE THE FREEDOM . Good luck in selling your home.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:09 PM

I understand that ...but I like the equity in the house!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
I understand that ...but I like the equity in the house!!!!!!

Kelly, do not get caught up on equity. Look at what has just happened. Compare taxes,insurance,mortage,etc versus renting - now put the extra $$$ saved with renting in investments - now there is equity

Old 05-19-2007, 09:19 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
hi,

Homes sell better w/ furniture in them ....
I know people say this, but I don't agree with it. Personally I like an empty house to look at so I can envision my things in the house and not the things of the current owner. Plus my experience is the opposite.

We had our house on the market for 6 weeks before selling (we were still living in it). We moved out and the DAY OF the closing it fell through. Our things were already out. So the house was empty when it went back on the market. With the house empty it sold in 6 days! And that time the closing went through 3 weeks later with no problems at all.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:41 PM

redwingfan ....how big way the house. I think alot of that has to do w/ the size of the house.
and congrats on the sale?

well, we are sticken w/ owning. We like to own!

Old 05-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
I know people say this, but I don't agree with it. Personally I like an empty house to look at so I can envision my things in the house and not the things of the current owner. Plus my experience is the opposite.

We had our house on the market for 6 weeks before selling (we were still living in it). We moved out and the DAY OF the closing it fell through. Our things were already out. So the house was empty when it went back on the market. With the house empty it sold in 6 days! And that time the closing went through 3 weeks later with no problems at all.

You never know.... Sometimes there is tooooo much furniture and looks cluttered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay