Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 04:44 PM

4 posts, read 57,219 times

Advertisements

I have move to Tampa about 5 months ago(Tampa Palms area), and have no idea of any good nightlife spots.

I am 40 years old(male), and have ventured out a couple of times(Ybor etc) and have had a string of bad luck, hitting bars that predominately catered to the 20-something crowd.

Can anyone please name a few places in the Tampa Bay area that are more along the lines of a 30-40 something crowd? Fun places nightlife places that are not packed with only the 21-27 year old crowd ..any help or advice would be great :-) Bars, clubs, restaurant bars with a good crowd..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 11:17 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,378,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoTampa213 View Post
I have move to Tampa about 5 months ago(Tampa Palms area), and have no idea of any good nightlife spots.

I am 40 years old(male), and have ventured out a couple of times(Ybor etc) and have had a string of bad luck, hitting bars that predominately catered to the 20-something crowd.

Can anyone please name a few places in the Tampa Bay area that are more along the lines of a 30-40 something crowd? Fun places nightlife places that are not packed with only the 21-27 year old crowd ..any help or advice would be great :-) Bars, clubs, restaurant bars with a good crowd..
Fun places for the 30-40 something crowd in Tampa(here are a few):
Jacksons Bistro - Harbour Island - downtown
Aja - Channelside Towers - downtown
Fly Bar and Reastaurant - downtown
Taps/Raw - downtown
Stumps Supper Club/Howl at the Moon - Channelside - downtown

Teatro - Ybor City
James Joyce Pub - Ybor City
Tampa Bay Brewing Company - Ybor City
Samarai Blue - Ybor City
Gaspars Grotto - Ybor City

Blue Martini - Intl Plaza Bay Street
The Grape - Intl Plaza Bay Street
Bar Louie - Intl Plaza Bay Street
BRIO - Intl Plaza Bay Street
Champps - Intl Plaza Bay Street

The Foxx - Westshore District
Bahama Breeze - Rocky Point
Whiskey Joes - Rocky Point

Hula Bay/Dukes - South Westshore

Wine Exchange - Hyde Park Village
BT's - Hyde Park Village
Timpano's -Hyde Park Village
717 South - SOHO
Ceviche - SOHO
CHEAP - SOHO
Mangroves - SOHO
Hyde Park Cafe - SOHO
The Kennedy - SOHO
Side Bern's - SOHO

Last edited by tampaguy03; 12-17-2009 at 11:49 AM..

Old 12-17-2009, 02:40 PM

108 posts, read 308,200 times
That's an excellent list. I would also add The Oak Room and World of Beer, both in Westchase. Also, the Hub in downtown Tampa seems to typically have an older crowd, if you're looking for a good dive bar.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:59 PM

WOW Thank you...thats a lot of information..I truly appreciate it "tampaguy03"...

Just a follow up question to your list...all those places you mentioned are geared more towards the 30-40 something crowd?

Old 12-17-2009, 03:48 PM

UPDATE...I checked the websites for AJA & Kennedy...from the photo galleries...those bars look like 20 something crowd..or maybe it was a biased photographer LOL

Old 12-17-2009, 07:19 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,519 times
all those places are good, Aja and Kennedy are definately predominantly 30 and under.

I reccomend The Intl Plaza spots. I love that area, as I just moved across the street from there. It is mostly 30s, some 40s, maybe a few 50s, there will be 20somethings there, but they are typically mature professionals like myself. Intl plaza can be quite pricey, but it weeds out the riff raff.

I was at blue martini on tuesday night, I am 26, I am sure I was one of the youngest guys in the place. It was also latin night, not a big fan, but i was so excited to walk there from where i live i had to venture out. Earlier that night i had been at ceviche in south tampa, which is my favorite spot in all of tampa. It is usually an older crowd as well. Check out the flemenco bar, and drinking the sangria is a must.

www.ceviche.com

What I have noticed about tampa my last year here is it is more about what you like, as opposed to how old you are. I have made some friends in their mid to late 30s, we are all working professionals. If you are a struggling 40 year old server at chilis, then blue martini is going to be out of your price range, as is ceviche.

let us know more about what you like. are you okay with paying 8 bucks for a domestic beer and 14-16 bucks for a mixed drink?

Old 12-19-2009, 07:50 AM

What I have noticed about tampa my last year here is it is more about what you like, as opposed to how old you are. I have made some friends in their mid to late 30s, we are all working professionals. If you are a struggling 40 year old server at chilis, then blue martini is going to be out of your price range, as is ceviche.

let us know more about what you like. are you okay with paying 8 bucks for a domestic beer and 14-16 bucks for a mixed drink?[/quote]

NO...I'm a working professional, and the Blue martini is not out of my price range. Just do not like attending bars or clubs dominated by the 20 something crowd

Last edited by NewtoTampa213; 12-19-2009 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-19-2009, 06:18 PM

6 posts, read 21,548 times
Default Honeys is a great place to go!!

My husband and I are over 40 and when we were kids we use to go to Honeys in Niagara Falls NY. The same family opened one in Tampa. Great bar to relax at. They have tables if your looking to eat! We have tried their wings are the best I have found in Tampa or St Pete, roast beef on wick...the best we have had...and the pizza is great!! We very much enjoy going to the bar. Nothing fancy just relaxing!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay