Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:35 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,964,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patquin2 View Post
i just attempted to reply to your questions and i was greated with a slap on the wrist because of my last post, sorry i didn't realize i was so restricted. anyway, what i am saying is true. if you don't believe me, i invite you to research the st. petersburg police department records PLEASE DO. as for all the other posts since my last......ok ok everyone is entitled to an opinion, the problem with these opinions is that i am being realistic, st. pete is too small for all the negative strikes above that i listed.
St. Pete is actually pretty large - and no different than any other city, really. I mean - it is a city and all. It's ok if you feel that way, it just wasn't the place for you - but your info was misleading to newcomers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
You mentioned that Sunken Gardens is a must see because it's "weird." Could you clarify what you mean by that? It's something on our vacation "to do" list, too.

Heh - it's a nice bit of Florida kitsch that you don't see so much anymore. I wish they still had the old sign. I believe it was formed from a giant sinkhole - so it's this garden oasis right in the middle of the city, there are some animals/birds there and lovely plants - I guess the place itself isn't as weird as the whole story behind it (was once a residence then a home of wax museum and was nearly shut down a bunch of times)

Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Heh - it's a nice bit of Florida kitsch that you don't see so much anymore. I wish they still had the old sign. I believe it was formed from a giant sinkhole - so it's this garden oasis right in the middle of the city, there are some animals/birds there and lovely plants - I guess the place itself isn't as weird as the whole story behind it (was once a residence then a home of wax museum and was nearly shut down a bunch of times)
OK, so it's kind of like a Garden of Eden in a city? That sounds wonderful. We just got our St Pete/Clearwater vacation guide and there's another park in Largo that looks beautiful. You can order the guide free of charge and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to vacation or move there. It has a lot of info and maps and beautiful pics. It looks like there's something for everyone.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
OK, so it's kind of like a Garden of Eden in a city? That sounds wonderful. We just got our St Pete/Clearwater vacation guide and there's another park in Largo that looks beautiful. You can order the guide free of charge and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to vacation or move there. It has a lot of info and maps and beautiful pics. It looks like there's something for everyone.
Yeah you wouldn't know it from the outside - it's next to a Carrabba's and on a main street!

Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
I don't live in St. Pete, only visit now and then but I think that overall it is one of the nicest cities in Florida. Beautiful beaches, lots of culture, neat old architecture and plenty of restaurants and shopping. Sure it's got some crime and homeless but what city doesn't - even Santa Barbara, CA, one of the highest priced and snootiest cities in America has that - seen with my own eyes.

I don't think one could go wrong with St. Pete - there is very little negative written about it on this forum, it seems to be one of the most popular cities and with good reason. And it has plenty of eclectic neighborhoods. My gay cousin and his partner have a wonderful bayfront 1930's home kind of south of town and they absolutely love it in St. Pete.

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:43 AM

182 posts, read 810,954 times
jammie: where did you get your st. pete's guide?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:16 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Right here!

St. Petersburg / Clearwater - Florida's Beach; The area's Official Vacation Site - Official Travel Site for the St. Petersburg & Clearwater Area America’s Top Rated Beaches

On the right hand side it says, "Visitor's Guide." You can get one by mail and I believe you can also get an online guide. I was surprised that it only took about 10 days to get it. You'll love the pics in it.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:24 AM

182 posts, read 810,954 times
Thank-you,jammie! It looks great!!

Old 12-30-2008, 05:03 PM

13 posts, read 64,330 times
My partner and I bought a 1920's bungalow in the Old Northeast in '04. We have not had any problems here. I like being close to downtown, the restaurants and shops. Just about all of our neighbors are wonderful and were very welcoming when we moved in. There are artistic people here. Unfortunately, the economy is hurting every city right now.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 PM

611 posts, read 1,455,941 times
The thing that has to be remebered when dealing with almost anywhere in Pinellas County (especially Largo, St. Pete and Clearwater) is that from literally one block to the next the property value can skyrocket or plummet. One street might be considered "the ghetto" and the next one might be full of 250k homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay