Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:03 AM

17 posts, read 85,346 times

Advertisements

Hello all this is my first post so be kind

My wife 30, daughter 2, And I 36 are going to be relocating from Dallas Texas we are currently in an area called Lakewood near whiterock lake in north east Dallas. Current home prices are from 200k -700k in our neighborhood with the majority of houses built in the 50's with a lot of new construction going in. Very hot neighborhood.

We are self employed in the web development (e-commerce development and management) and auto dealer service (Glass repair) industries.

We have family in the Nokomis Area currently.

We would like to stay in an urban enviroment that is similar to our current neighborhood.

We would like to send our daughter when the time comes to a Lutheran Parochial school.

Where are some areas that are similar to our current enviroment that we should be looking at.

If not Urban I have read good things about Land o Lakes and St Pete as well.

Thanks for your replies in advance!
The Terminal Nomad

Last edited by Terminal Nomad; 04-26-2007 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 02:58 PM

21 reads and no replys?

Is it something I said or did not say?

Bwaaahaha

Old 04-26-2007, 03:10 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,981 times
good family areas with brand new homes in land o lakes, wesley chapel, valrico, fishawk ranch in lithia, new tampa and lutz....st pete different ballgame over by the water, more expensive and kida congested but still nice

Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Sorry you are leaving Lakewood - please come back home some day. And be sure to see the musical at Woodrow this weekend.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:56 PM

471 posts, read 1,661,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Nomad View Post
21 reads and no replys?

Bwaaahaha
Some of us just don't know enough about what you are looking for to say anything.
For example I think St. Pete is beautiful, especially Old Northeast, but I have no idea what your current neighborhood is like so I can't compare it or make a recommendation. And I have no idea where the closest Lutheran Parochial school is

Old 04-27-2007, 05:34 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
There's a Lutheran school in the Brandon/Valrico area, called Immanuel Lutheran http://www.godsoloved.org/ This area is a very nice, family oriented suburban area.

I think the area you are looking for is more in the Tampa area. Try the Palma Ceia, Hyde Park or even perhaps the Harbor and Davis Islands area, depending on your budget. I am not familiar w/the private schools in Tampa but there are many. Here's a listing http://www.floridasmart.com/local/co...on_private.htm

Best of luck to you :-)

Old 04-27-2007, 08:37 AM

Thanks ya'll

Old 05-19-2007, 09:27 AM

43 posts, read 125,190 times
Smile Beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Nomad View Post
21 reads and no replys?

Bwaaahaha
I can only reply with news of St. Petersburg, Florida...I have lived here all of my life and have seen lots of changes. We have beautiful beaches, wonderful weather, and there are some wonderful people. There has been a wave of newcomers and the traffic though not as bad as other places has picked up in recent years. However, I really don't have anything negative to say about our fair city. I think it is a great place to live. I am in the field of education (ESE) so I can also comment on the schools...there are some really good schools. Do your research and best of luck. I am planning to relocate but not because things are bad but because I have lived here my whole life (35 years) and I need a change. One thing to mention is we are in the midst of an insurance crisis so please be prepared for that little bit of news. Best of luck!

Old 05-20-2007, 07:50 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
IM not sure what Lakewood is like, but if you looking for an urban environment to settle with a family in Tampa, i'd suggest South Tampa areas like Hyde Park, Davis Islands, Bayshore Beautiful, Bayshore Gardens, Palma Ceia, New Suburb Beautiful, Beach Park, Sunset Park, Ballast Point, Culbreath Isles and Culbreath Bayou, BelShores and Bel Mar.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 PM

148 posts, read 604,745 times
Default lived in Dallas

I lived in Dallas a while back and remember Lakewood. That was in the mid-1980s, so don't know how the Lakewood area looks now, since so many people are building McMansions in older neighborhoods. But from my memory, it was a very pretty traditional area with beautiful homes and yards. Dallas had so many upscale shops and restaurants then, so I think the Hyde Park/south Tampa area is the closest to that feel.

If you want traditional, more established neighborhoods and the urban experience, stay out of Land-o-Lakes---and focus on the areas people here already mentioned (Hyde Park, Palma Ceia, south Tampa and old northeast St. Pete). Land-o-Lakes is a far away congested commute from the urban core---many cookie-cutter subdivisions. A suburban area (Plans, Garland, Carrollton type of area, although still probably not the same since in a different state).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay