Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times

Advertisements

I just got a seasonal quote (6 months) from Encore North in Lutz for my parents. Lot rent is $2750 plus electricity. It's not gated. All of the communities I've seen in Florida for the past two years are moving away from motor home rentals...they want the park models. That's another thread topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 06:22 PM

7 posts, read 21,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
There are 6 over 55 communities in Valrico?

I don't think you necessarily need to be in a gated community in many areas. Crime is more of an issue than in 92 but it is usually more prevelant in certain areas.

I delivered Meals on wheels to Rocky Creek retirement village off of Waters Ave. You could buy a mobile home (less than 50K) or rent an apt in a mobile home there. They had housekeeping if you needed it. The homes were nice and the ppl were wonderful. I had a lady that was 95 who lived in her own mobile home which was very nice. I didn't meet anyone who disliked living there.
Keeper,

Thank you for responding to our inquiry. We really appreciate the input. This is the Mrs. here. Can you tell us anything about the 55+ communities in Valrico? We know of Strawberry Ridge and Featherock. We're not impressed with Featherock. Strawberry Ridge looks interesting.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:35 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmonica View Post
Keeper,

Thank you for responding to our inquiry. We really appreciate the input. This is the Mrs. here. Can you tell us anything about the 55+ communities in Valrico? We know of Strawberry Ridge and Featherock. We're not impressed with Featherock. Strawberry Ridge looks interesting.
I think Strawberry Ridge is the one by me. Off Mulrennan (or however the road's spelled)?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,681,822 times
There is nothing wrong with Strawberry Ridge that I know of but be warned you would be right next to the train tracks and there are some conducters who think it's hysterical to play songs on their horn at 3:00 in the morning. I live further south on Mulrennan and while I don't notice it much anymore there are times when it wakes me up and makes me want to throttle the guy.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
There is nothing wrong with Strawberry Ridge that I know of but be warned you would be right next to the train tracks and there are some conducters who think it's hysterical to play songs on their horn at 3:00 in the morning. I live further south on Mulrennan and while I don't notice it much anymore there are times when it wakes me up and makes me want to throttle the guy.
I'd like to know what trains those are. I've been here half a year now and never run across this.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I'd like to know what trains those are. I've been here half a year now and never run across this.

Where do you live? I live off of Lumsden and Mulrennan and like I said, I have gotten used to it for the most part. A few years back though when residents closer to the tracks threw a fit we would hear the conductors come by and play what sounded like songs on the horn. Used to be fun to try to guess what they were playing. I remember This Old Man in particular lol.

As for what trains they are, I believe they were CSX but I could be wrong. If I lived closer to the tracks I probably would have taken more of an interest. I had a friend live in the Valrico Station apartment complex and she couldn't hang stuff on the walls because they would constantly fall off from the rumbles. Never did understand why anyone would want to live right next door to the tracks.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:59 PM

I live in the housing development next to Strawberry Ridge. Copper Place or something like that.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I live in the housing development next to Strawberry Ridge. Copper Place or something like that.
Copper Ridge? How far back from Mulrennan do you live? I am surprised you don't hear the trains. Lucky you lol!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 AM

I hear them, but it's not obsessive. I live between 60 and you. Across the street from the road where the kid fell in the septic tank.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 PM

Thankfully you get used to them over time. I rarely notice them at all anymore but my sister has an absolute meltdown when she visits because she thinks they are so loud. She is crazy and being a bit melodramatic but to hear her tell it one would think the train was driving through my living room. Thankfully other guests have backed me up on it not being a big deal and now we all make fun of her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay