Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
Hello everyone,

I've heard I should stay away from various areas of St Pete but I can't establish a pattern.earlier poster got it about right and downtown old ne is lovely.

I hear a knock on Dunedin is that it's flood-prone, but otherwise heavily recommended. like it too, but it can be very busy during art/culture events and its not big so it might get annoying t times but very pretty and i like the older homes there and quaint streets, dont let flood put you off just bear in mind it will cost you more in insurance

Seminole appears to be on higher ground but I know little else about it. love seminole, it is close to beaches, a lot of it is non flood zone, safe, clean, close to lots of shopping and good schools (public) a huge amount of stock of homes to choose from, from under $200k ranch homes to over a million homes with zoning for horses and everything in between including over 55 condos to apartment dwellings.

I seem to have more choices in Pinellas Park and like the location, I think. good location can be sketchy and a little redneck in areas and property values dont hold well but you can at least buy well there due to low prices.

I enjoy some walkability, a good food scene (farmers markets and non-chain restaurants), coffee shops (not Dunkin Donuts) and 1960s "old school Florida" buildings versus the newer stuff.then look at seminole near to beaches where there is some good eating/drinking places, and though there are dunkin donuts there are some other coffee places too, buildings from sixties up, and you can walk pinellas trail, botanical gardens area and walsingham park, in fact there are several parks in the locale and there are even plenty of neighborhoods with sidewalks, always used by locals for dog walking and exercise.

Thanks for any and all recommendations come and visit and see for youself
Interesting about the flood-prone areas. SInce you didn't mention St. Pete, is that basically to say that it isn't flood prone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 AM

37 posts, read 77,210 times
Default Pinellas Flood Zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Interesting about the flood-prone areas. SInce you didn't mention St. Pete, is that basically to say that it isn't flood prone?
If you visit Welcome to StPete.org you can find info. & maps on bike trails, trolley routes, crime, flooding/hurricane evac., recycling, etc...

Hope you have a marvelous Monday!!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,086 times
I looked for 6 months and put in several bids, from Clearwater to south St. Pete (Lakewood Estates) before finally getting a house in Pinellas Park, very near Seminole. Really reasonably priced house with great shopping nearby, and very close to the flea market, though I don't go. Choice of Vietnamese, Indian, Cajun and chain restaurants within a stone's throw, and easy access to the beach (15 minutes to a public park with restroom facilities on the beach) and 15 minutes to 275. The public library is quite nice, well stocked, and well staffed. The "downtown" has a live billboard announcing community events. It doesn't feel like a small town by any means, but it's just about perfect for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay