Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:07 AM

17 posts, read 50,438 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to the St. Pete area from Texas soon. I have AT&T not but not under contract any longer & looking to upgrade. How is the coverage for AT&T in this area? Who is the best provider for the Tampa Bay area? I dont want to end up with a phone that has spotty coverage. Thank you for your advise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 08:31 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,843 times
depends on what you want to do? phone calls? internet?

Tampa is a big enough market that any provider will have their best technology here. I personally have kept AT&T because I am a firm believer in GSM, they offer the iPhone, and they offer the fastest 3g network, which includes the ability to simultaneously talk and use the internet, which I like to do while driving (just kidding).

I rarely get dropped calls within city limits.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 AM

180 posts, read 555,973 times
You can check their coverage maps on the website but yes, any provider will have good coverage here. I have Verizon and have never had an issue.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 AM

133 posts, read 538,386 times
I have verizon and never had any issus either.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:27 PM

11 posts, read 32,368 times
Default Boost

For the record, I'll say that my BOOST phone has terrible coverage compared to my wife's T-Mobile...my Boost signal is weak and often drops calls...very frustrating to say the least...the T-Mobile is rock solid everywhere we go...

Old 01-14-2010, 02:36 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
We have Verizon and it works just fine. Never any dropped calls.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:37 AM

27 posts, read 94,769 times
We have Verizon, never have any issues with dropped calls or problems with the internet. Works great! And when we did need some service on my g/f's blackberry, the verizon store on gulf to bay was amazing and just handed us a new a one!

Old 01-16-2010, 02:29 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I have AT&T and lately they have installed many more towers and never have any issues. We had Verizon before and no issues with the coverage either, but we did have huge issues with our every months blls with Verizon, which we never have with AT&T...

For upgraded phones from AT&T you might be better off at Best Buy and Walmart than going to AT&T or online. We just got 2 lines upgraded and paid the same price as we would have had at AT&T, but Walmart and Best Buy didn't have tthe rebates to be filled out...just the same price, which saves me filling out and copying all the paperwork, sending it in and waiting 8 weeks to get a giftcard back...on top of that we paid less sales tax since AT&T let you pay sales tax on the amount before rebate. So no hassle and the same phones for cheaper prices! I had one line that was eligible for an additional $ 50.- discount at AT&T but Best Buy just gave it to me...without hassle!

Old 01-16-2010, 03:32 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,641 times
I have T-mobile and have hit and miss service in my house in Pinellas county When I lived in Tampa, the service was perfect... so I think like everyone said if you stay in Tampa, any provider will be great!!

Old 01-16-2010, 03:34 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
I've had AT&T and Verizon. I bounce between them like a ping-pong ball. There's no loyalty...lol! In my area (Northwest Tampa / Carrollwood), Verizon has better coverage, but I have AT&T now. With AT&T, there are dead zones here and there. And occasionally, I still lose a connection when crossing county lines...weird. I'll keep AT&T until another carrier either buys out my current contract or waves a carrot in front of me that I can't resist. For phones and service plans, the best I've found is from LetsTalk.com. Last February, I got two free Blackberries (newest Bold and Curve), 2 car chargers, and 2 carrying cases by switching from Verizon to AT&T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay