U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:11 AM

50 posts, read 185,926 times

Advertisements

The houses and amenities seem great in heritage isle (33647 zip code in case there is another heritage isle out there in tampa), but I'm a little afraid of the HOAs and CDDs. HOAs seem low ($75 a month) but will they stay that way? Do the HOAs depend on what part of Heritage Isle you live in? How much are the CDDs? I'd also be interested to know how much HOAs and CDDs have gone up, for any of you who have lived there for a few years or more. Thanks so much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 PM

44 posts, read 212,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquackquack View Post
The houses and amenities seem great in heritage isle (33647 zip code in case there is another heritage isle out there in tampa), but I'm a little afraid of the HOAs and CDDs. HOAs seem low ($75 a month) but will they stay that way? Do the HOAs depend on what part of Heritage Isle you live in? How much are the CDDs? I'd also be interested to know how much HOAs and CDDs have gone up, for any of you who have lived there for a few years or more. Thanks so much!
Read this:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/12/12/No...sts_of_l.shtml

Old 05-24-2007, 01:40 PM

50 posts, read 185,926 times
Default ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
Guess I'll mark heritage isle off my list. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:56 PM

17 posts, read 81,052 times
I have a question Are most of the new subdivisions in new Tampa and land o lakes like this.

Thanks

Old 05-24-2007, 02:43 PM

44 posts, read 212,969 times
I don't think there's anything wrong with having CDD and/or HOA fees, if you have a competent management company. We thought about buying in Heritage Isles, but heard a lot of bad things about the way it's ran. The Golf Course and restaurant they have are losing money big-time. And the gate is actually a gate, since it doesn't keep anybody out. The roads are still public, so they can't stop traffic. In fact, if your a visitor you can drive right in. But if you live there, they want you to go through a gate that opens and closes. I just read a lot of bad things, so we bought a house in a nearby community (we're building a new house).

Old 05-24-2007, 03:13 PM

8 posts, read 26,885 times
I've just moved here in Heritage Isles a few months ago from NC. My husband and I are considering buying this house (we rent now). However, after reading the story posted by ChrisJ, I don't think we will! So thanks, Chris, for posting that link!
I will say H.I. is a great community with some great people and families. I do have to say that however nice the clubhouse, pool, park, etc... seem to be, I certainly don't think its worth the extra money. Someone mentioned something about the gate...yeah, H.I. is called a gated community...that lets anyone and everyone in. There are two entrances into here but only one of the gates is guarded, part-time. The gate we use to get in opens automatically when you pull up to it.
Guess we'll be looking elsewhere to buy!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 8,342 times
Its Ran terrible. The management company is a joke. I have lived here for 8 years and the current team in place needs to go. I cant even begin to tell you. Its unproffesional and thats just the start.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 7,490 times
We are going to buy a house in Heritage isles and I do not see an issue of paying a CDD ($1500 aprox) if you pay a very low HOA fee, which is currently $100 A YEAR!!!. I you want to lie yourself, do not pay the CDD, but you will be force to pay a HOA monthly fee of $150, in other community which is greater. So do not be afraid of this; communities play with these numbers, and wherever you want to see a nice community with a nice clubhouse with nice amenities, you will have high maintenace costs, or however you want to call it.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 7,172 times
Do yourself a big favor don't buy in Heritage Isles. This is our second home and do not rent it out and we are not allowed in the pool. You must be a resident (which is okay) but also have a Florida drivers license. We were here 10 years to boot. This place was absolutely lovely back in the day. They will never have that gate closed as far as I am concerned. It has gone downhill so bad. They use to have brunches, lunches and dinners, it was wonderful. But as of this week we have just sold. Good luck to you

Old 05-15-2011, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 7,106 times
what other problems did / do you see? was your house on the market long?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay