Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:28 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,631,710 times

Advertisements

I have always liked Gladstone's grilled chicken, although I haven't had it in years and I am only assuming that they are still around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 06:31 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
I second Publix's fried 8 piece box and Chick Fil A's nuggets (I am not liking the other stuff there), the second however is not open Sundays so keep that in mind......but why not make your own?

Chicken is NOTHING without seasoning! just like any meats....you don't just throw a stake on the grill out of the Sam's wrapping do you? same deal for chicken.....fish.....etc....... and those places you mentioned are not "known" for the best chicken in town either! LOLOLOLOL

Old 01-19-2010, 07:23 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
You could try Ale House (http://www.millersalehouse.com/default.asp - broken link), very casual and inexpensive. There's one in Brandon and one in Carrollwood. They have Zingers and Wings and a sandwich called "Big Red." A word of caution, they are deep fried and spicy.

For Barbecue chicken, I'd suggest you plan a drive to Hungry Harry's in Land O Lakes. Go on the all you can eat day and pack it in. Otherwise, it may be on the pricey side of your budget. Another place we like is Jazzy's BBQ on Waters Ave.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 01-19-2010 at 07:48 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 AM

11 posts, read 32,361 times
Default some more replies...

Hello again...thanks for the new batch of replies...

MAniacTHW...Moderator cut: comment That's cool...actually, I love Tampa and wish I had moved here sooner - but I've found two distinct differences from Los Angeles, one of which I mentioned here...until you've done a comparison taste test with the mentioned establishments, I guess all you can do is take my word for it, or assume I'm a Tampa-Hater...but as I mentioned, I love Tampa

tilli...thanks for the suggestion...I actually went to Chic Fil A last night after taking a suggestion from yesterdays postings, and right across the street I saw Gladstone's...I'll give it a shot sometime soon...

algia...thanks for the reinforcement on Publix recommendation...this weekend I plan to give it a try...as for cooking my own, well...someday I will and it will be delicious

TampaKaren...thanks for the suggestions...I'll put all three into my 'slightly more than fast food' category...

oh, yeah, I wanted to mention that I did try one other chicken place that was actually good, but somehow I had forgot to mention it, so I'll stick it here:

WING STOP: this place serves wings. lots of flavors. the garlic-parmesan is awesome. this seems to support my theory that good wings are easier to find than other varieties.

thanks again, everyone...

Last edited by Keeper; 01-20-2010 at 05:31 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,631,710 times
Quote:
That's cool...actually, I love Tampa and wish I had moved here sooner - but I've found two distinct differences from Los Angeles, one of which I mentioned here...until you've done a comparison taste test with the mentioned establishments, I guess all you can do is take my word for it, or assume I'm a Tampa-Hater...but as I mentioned, I love Tampa
Maybe the humidity is screwing up your tasting?

I am actually half-serious, I notice that when we get a cold spell and it is not so humid I can smell much better, and tasting is tied to smell. Hmm. I do find it hard to beleive that chain restaurants make their chicken differently here.

If you like wings you might want to also give Wild Wing Cafe a try, they are in the Veterans center with the AMC theatre on Anderson Rd. Don't get the lunch buffet though, order off the menu. I like the "China Syndrome" for medium-hot and they have ginger wings there that are fantastic if you want a little sweet. Their fries are really lovely but ask for them extra-well done as they are huge and can be too soft otherwise. They make their dressings in-house and their ranch is particularly good.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:00 PM

27,212 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Have you considered trying chicken thats not loaded with growth hormones and antibiotics? That's what real chicken tastes like. Try the Honey Mesquite Chicken at EVOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay