U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:29 AM

26,873 posts, read 42,256,372 times

Advertisements

Two months after Verizon Wireless doubled early termination fees on many cell phones, sister company Verizon is doing the same for customers of FiOS cable TV, Internet and phone service at home. Old termination fee $179. New fee, $360.

Verizon contracts will also be two years instead of one, and the company will also stop offering a 15-day "grace period" for new customers to cancel their contract without a fee.

Such practices on Verizon's wireless side have already angered consumer advocates, and federal regulators are now asking direct questions of Verizon about the fairness of termination fees.

Verizon doubles early termination fees for cable, Internet, phone service

Thinking about all the years I had to call about my phone bill being wrong and wasting my minutes to get it corrected + my time....

I will never be a customer of Verizon, how good the phone deals may be, in the end you are stuck with a bad contract....and that makes your nice cheap phone not more attractive...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:53 AM

3,928 posts, read 10,749,068 times
Saw this last night. I hope the FTC investigates and gives them a huge fine. In July 09, we transferred our cable, internet, and phone from Verizon to Brighthouse (for the 2nd time...lol!). Verizon owes us money, but they keep adding charges every month and sending us a bill! Seven months of hassling with that company over their incompetent billing system is enough to make my blood boil. I'm over it, but not before I get the money they owe me. Can you imagine if it was the other way around?

Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 AM

2,637 posts, read 11,726,969 times
Verizon lost my business a long time ago due to their truly awful customer service and rampant billing issues. When I had to deal with them later on behalf of my employer they were even worse, and this was a business account! This new development doesn't surprise me at all, very typical Verizon stuff. What surprises me is that so many people keep giving them their money.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:27 AM

Who wants to deal with them any longer...the receiving is fine, the phones are great but customer service is the worst there is!

Just think about all the times you get transferred and have to repeat your personal info....

Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 AM

627 posts, read 1,240,102 times
Oh wow and to think that I was just considering switching from Brighthouse because Fios is FINALLY in my area
Im going to go throw that offer away riiiiiiiiiiight now!!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
Oh wow and to think that I was just considering switching from Brighthouse because Fios is FINALLY in my area
Im going to go throw that offer away riiiiiiiiiiight now!!
I had Verizon for 4 years and was happy with everything except for the billing and customer service...Unfortunately the bill came every month...and every month the amount was different. I got it all corrected after spending so much time on the phone that I even went over my minutes since I didn't have time to call from my home phone all the time...In the end I got my over use paid back as well since they noticed it was to their customer service number all the time....

Old 01-20-2010, 04:57 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,213,952 times
I had Verizon Fios before moving in with my girlfriend. Never had a problem with anything. Bright House on the other hand: Overcharged on internet, charged for channels I didn't order (or get), constantly turned off my cable/internet because they "didn't get" my check, only to turn in on a week later when they "found it." I prefer Fios.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I had Verizon Fios before moving in with my girlfriend. Never had a problem with anything. Bright House on the other hand: Overcharged on internet, charged for channels I didn't order (or get), constantly turned off my cable/internet because they "didn't get" my check, only to turn in on a week later when they "found it." I prefer Fios.
Wow your the first happy one I heard off, even the Verizon employees where I live don't have Verizon cable in their homes...

Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,319,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Wow your the first happy one I heard off, even the Verizon employees where I live don't have Verizon cable in their homes...
Ha! That is so true. There are two guys in my neighborhood who both work for Verizon and they both swear they would rather go without tv, internet or phone service rather than sign on with their own company. I believe it too. My dad was one who fell for their free tv if you sign up promo and of course he got nothing even after months of calling them. Add to that that it took a month to install everything, his bills were way more than they said it would be and the customer service was just awful. He finally gave up and took the hit to cancel and is back with Brighthouse and couldn't be happier. The only thing he misses about Verizon was that the picture was a little bit better.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 AM

353 posts, read 735,119 times
The Verizon FIOS product(s) is(are) much better than Brighthouse, but Brighthouse has better customer service. I've had both. Both are a tough pill to swallow. If you care about picture quality, net speed, you gotta go with Verizon. Otherwise, go with Brighthouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: