Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:58 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,541,014 times

Advertisements

According to the arrest report, Greer told the responding deputies he was drunk.

Greer, who lives in Dover, was taken to Orient Road Jail, booked and charged with driving under the influence, driving without a license and two counts of child neglect. He was later released on a $6,250 bail.

The arrest was Greer's sixth DUI during the past eight years.

Overall, Greer has been arrested for a variety of offenses during the past 14 years, including domestic violence, violation of probation, contempt of court, assault, battery on a pregnant woman, battery on a law enforcement officer and burglary.

Hillsborough man jailed for DUI after teen calls 911 - Bay News 9 (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2010/1/19/571949.html?title=Hillsborough+man+jailed+for+DUI+ after+teen+calls+911 - broken link)

Maybe tomorrow, he will be driving again? I wonder if he even will show up in court...why is he out on bail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,974,275 times
Sounds like my loser father. Except the cops don't care.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Sounds like my loser father. Except the cops don't care.
Awww I'm sorry to hear that....just call the cops...and sent your father a AA brochure.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,021,045 times
Ah, another story about one of our fine citizens. The problem here is not the police, it is the judicial system that does not assign the correct sentence, the laws that allow for early release, gain time and other
early release programs including probation.

It boils down to simple math. The prisons can only hold X amount of people. They have to let out the lesser criminals to hold the more major criminals.

Bail is a right under law. If he doesn't show up for court, the gets a warrant out for his arrest, some bail bondsman is out a lot of money and they will be looking for him too.

I understand your feelings about this, but the only other choice is to exterminate career criminals at a young age to avoid repeated offenses.
Do you think that idea would fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
According to the arrest report, Greer told the responding deputies he was drunk.

Greer, who lives in Dover, was taken to Orient Road Jail, booked and charged with driving under the influence, driving without a license and two counts of child neglect. He was later released on a $6,250 bail.

The arrest was Greer's sixth DUI during the past eight years.

Overall, Greer has been arrested for a variety of offenses during the past 14 years, including domestic violence, violation of probation, contempt of court, assault, battery on a pregnant woman, battery on a law enforcement officer and burglary.

Hillsborough man jailed for DUI after teen calls 911 - Bay News 9 (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2010/1/19/571949.html?title=Hillsborough+man+jailed+for+DUI+ after+teen+calls+911 - broken link)

Maybe tomorrow, he will be driving again? I wonder if he even will show up in court...why is he out on bail?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:28 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,937,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
the only other choice is to exterminate career criminals at a young age to avoid repeated offenses.
Do you think that idea would fly?
Maybe we should do like the chinese

Chinese Hostage Negotiations
A Recent Case Study

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/pinkz59/chi.jpg (broken link)
“I have 3 demands or I’ll kill the boy!”

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/pinkz59/chi2.jpg (broken link)
Negotiators assess the situation from next door.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/pinkz59/chi3.jpg (broken link)
Head negotiator dispatched.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/pinkz59/chi4.jpg (broken link)
Negotiations begin.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/pinkz59/chi5.jpg (broken link)
Negotiations concluded.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/pinkz59/chi6.jpg (broken link)
In this country, we would block off the street, take 12 hours to talk him out of it, spend 5 million giving him a fair trial, and pay for his food and lodging for life.

NO WONDER THEIR PRODUCTS ARE CHEAPER THAN OURS.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:48 AM

357 posts, read 796,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post

Yes, no wonder. Because they are made with the flimsiest, cheapest components possible that will fall apart 6 months down the road, and they have slaves making it all.

The answer is to stop criminalizing drug use and get the non-violent minor drug offenders out of there.

But prisons are big business.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Maybe we should do like the chinese

Chinese Hostage Negotiations
A Recent Case Study

“I have 3 demands or I’ll kill the boy!”

Negotiators assess the situation from next door.

Head negotiator dispatched.

Negotiations begin.

Negotiations concluded.

In this country, we would block off the street, take 12 hours to talk him out of it, spend 5 million giving him a fair trial, and pay for his food and lodging for life.

Great solution! Less people in prison, saves cost of housing and food and legal fees.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:23 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,228,531 times
Death by a DUI driver is high for all of us. You can be the world's greatest, safest driver and still be killed by a DUI driver. Very high potential in Tampa area - heard of a stat where a certain percentage of all drivers at night are DUI. Forgot the number, but it is significant.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,228,531 times
What do you do when you suspect a DUI next to you in traffic? I had that happen the other day while driving down Brandon BLVD. I think others noticed it too. Not sure if dialing 911 is the solution. My goal was to keep a safe distance - I eneded up overtaking and staying in front - he ended up making a turn. Still feel bad that I couldn't do anything.

Should have dialed 911 and given a license plate number and location?

Old 08-26-2010, 10:15 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,730,430 times
Yes, that's what I've done, granted it was in Nebraska, but I still called. I just called 911 and said that i was behind a guy who was weaving back and forth in the lane and looked like he was driving intoxicated. They asked if I could follow him (since it was on the interstate), I said sure, so I followed until the cops could catch up and they pulled him over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay