Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:31 PM

323 posts, read 684,876 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling this question may generate some negative remarks, but I'm going to do it anyway

I am wondering which beaches still permit alcohol (on the beach, not just up at a beach bar) I'm new to the area and it seems like it varies. I believe St. Pete Beach does not allow alcohol to be drank on the beach itself, but Treasure Island does? Correct me if I am wrong here. I can remember visiting the area years ago before I moved down here, and the bartenders down on St. Pete Beach told my family that it was not allowed to take drinks from the bar down to the beach, and then jokingly turned the other way. It also seems like there was little, if any, police force or security guards (rent-a-cops even) monitoring this. I also have friends that have mentioned the "Miracle Mile".

I guess I'm looking for someone to clear up what this all means as far as having liquor on the beaches. It was pretty straight forward in the city I lived in on Lake Michigan: No glass bottles. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
Alcohol is legal on Madeira Beach, and parts of Treasure Island (like Sunset Beach). No glass.
Although not legal, we have partaken in alcohol beverages all over the Gulf beaches, just dont get loud and obnoxious, and do not flaunt your containers.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM

538 posts, read 732,091 times
It SHOULD be legal on any beach.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:42 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
I smuggled a few brews onto St. Pete Beach once. It was sunset, I was by myself, and there weren't a whole lotta people around, which probably helped my cause. Like someone else said, be cool about it and you probably won't get hassled. I would guess that the busier the beach is, the higher the risk of being popped because of increased patrols.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 AM

737 posts, read 2,587,902 times
TheBeerMall.com - Beer Can Covers. Disguise Your Beer Today! - I just googled "disguising beer cans" and this is one of many results. The reason Sunset Beach recently considered banning alcohol is due to those relieving themselves in inappropriate places - namely, in front of the beach front homes. Much of the obnoxious behavior is due in part to the boaters that are off of the north end of Sunset Beach. Obviously, a mixed drink is easily disguised. Disguise but don't get disgusting and you'll be fine on any beach.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by druthb00 View Post
I have a feeling this question may generate some negative remarks, but I'm going to do it anyway
That is because alcohol is a public nuisance and has negative impacts as it contributes to crime, violence and other illegal activities. I feel that alcohol has no business on a public beach especially where families gather with their children. JMO

Old 01-21-2012, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 43,205 times
Hey chaotix thats a personal opinion. Keep it to yourself. Dont flaunt theoretical crime contributers either.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:44 AM

817 posts, read 2,251,026 times
As long as you keep it under control, no one will give you any crap about drinking beer on the beach anywhere in this area. Just don't litter, and don't get sloppy drunk.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:45 AM

817 posts, read 2,251,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
That is because alcohol is a public nuisance and has negative impacts as it contributes to crime, violence and other illegal activities. I feel that alcohol has no business on a public beach especially where families gather with their children. JMO
Boy, you sound like a barrel of fun.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:36 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Let the children drink the alcohol and then its a party!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay