U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:55 PM

244 posts, read 839,900 times

Advertisements

What are some of the best bars in the Tampa Bay area to get a good selection of craftbrewed and imported beers. I've tasted some of the locally brewed craft beers (saint somewhere, dunedin brewery, cigar city brewing, tampa bay brewing company), and I like them very much so a good selection of locally brewed beers would be cool too. I've heard of Dunderbak's and a couple of other places, but what are some other great beer bars in this area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:10 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,987,538 times
bar louie @ Bay Street has like 62 beers on tap.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:46 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,802,354 times
a few more:
World of Beer; Tanks Tap Room; The Independant; New World Brewery; Biergarten(Hyde Park Cafe); Dunedin Bewery; Datz Deli; Yeomans Road.

Check out Cigar City Brewing(Joe Redners place)

Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 PM

244 posts, read 839,900 times
I've been to the Independent and I liked it very much. Not many beers on tap, but all of the beers on tap were well thought out with nearly every major style of beer represented. Also, all of the beers are usually poured in the appropriate glassware. There's also a nice cigar bar next door that I like to go (The Havana Room). I've heard of Tank's, and Yeoman's Road Pub, but not of the New World Brewery or Biergarten. I've tasted beers from both Dunedin and Cigar City but I'd like to visit the breweries and take a tour n' taste.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 AM

1,342 posts, read 1,808,882 times
Its weird how in St Pete and Tampa theres no beer bars with 500 beers yet the city that is home to 2 of them is Sarasota. What gives?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:54 AM

30 posts, read 118,583 times
Dunedin House of Beer has 40 on Tap, very close to Dunedin Brewery. Beers (http://www.dunedinhob.com/Beers.html - broken link)

Old 01-22-2010, 11:14 AM

108 posts, read 280,938 times
World of Beer is probably the best choice. There's one in Westchase and one in St. Pete. Over 500 beers to choose from! The staff is very knowledgeable and will make recommendations based on style etc. And no, I don't work there

Old 01-22-2010, 12:11 PM

5 posts, read 10,478 times
Oldsmar Taphouse - considered one of the best beers bars in the entire US
The Independent - just opened a new location in Seminole Heights
New World Brewery - in Ybor
Tampa Bay Brewing Co - in Ybor (brew their own beer)
World of Beer - just opened a new location up in Tampa Palms
Mr Dunderbacks (sp?) - 50 plus beers on tap and great sandwiches
Mellow Mushroom - not a beer bar per se, but still have a good selection of rotating taps
Cigar City Brewery - have a tasting room
Taps Wine and Beer Merchants - downtown Tampa

Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 PM

3,928 posts, read 10,651,562 times
Not sure if it's what you're looking for exactly, but our favorite watering hole in Carrollwood is Obrien's Irish Pub.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:39 PM

219 posts, read 532,698 times
If you are in the N. Tampa/Wesley Chapel area I recommend The Brass Tap at Wiregrass Mall. I have no clue how many different beers they have there but I have been hitting that place for almost a year and have yet to try them all!

But I will succeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or