Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 AM

78 posts, read 185,047 times

Advertisements

In trying to find a location to move to one of the requirements is a better school district for my child. Any sites that I can look up information for the individual schools or the district ratings? I know for Illinois we have an Interactive Report Card site we can search for each city.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 10:38 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,080,428 times
I frequently use Greatschools.com. If you go to Realtor.com and look for places to rent or buyg they also show you which schools are nearby and their rating based on tests and parents opinions. It seems pretty accurate for the schools in my area, so I would assume they are accurate for Tampa as well. In fact, I am using their information to help decide which neighborhood in Tampa I would like to live in.
The schools here are terrible and I am not going to move my kids to another school that is just as bad. I figure, if I have the opportunity I might as well place them in the best school that I can. There are several schools in the Tampa areas rated as a 9 - 10. There are many more rated 2, 3, 4.... which seems to coincide with what many people say about the education in Florida.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:56 PM

78 posts, read 185,047 times
What are the school districts in the Tampa area and outlying towns. Only ones I have found are:

Hillsborough school district
Pasco school district

Old 01-29-2010, 01:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,080,428 times
Pinellas School District appears to be another.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:10 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,633,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
I frequently use Greatschools.com. If you go to Realtor.com and look for places to rent or buyg they also show you which schools are nearby and their rating based on tests and parents opinions. It seems pretty accurate for the schools in my area, so I would assume they are accurate for Tampa as well. In fact, I am using their information to help decide which neighborhood in Tampa I would like to live in.
The schools here are terrible and I am not going to move my kids to another school that is just as bad. I figure, if I have the opportunity I might as well place them in the best school that I can. There are several schools in the Tampa areas rated as a 9 - 10. There are many more rated 2, 3, 4.... which seems to coincide with what many people say about the education in Florida.
It's www.greatschools.net (not .com). That is a good website. You can also look up the Hillsborough County Board of education website: www.hillsborough.k12.nj.us/

I live in the New Tampa area (Tampa Palms). The schools are rated pretty good, for Florida. My kids go to a charter school, but will be going to Liberty Middle School and Freedom High School. They both have good ratings. If you are looking at elementary schools, Tampa Palms has Tampa Palms Elementary and Chiles Elementary. Both have an A rating. However, when my kids went to Tampa Palms Elementary, I found a lot of snobbery and the kids were very mean. I hear better things about Chiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: