U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:19 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,212,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
is it that You dont know anyone personally who will be there?
I will say again, you're the only person I've ever heard say they use downtown.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 06:28 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,854,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I heard the Tampa Museum of Art was opening. I would like to go check that out. And if I don't feel like paying to get in, I can just sit out in the new park and watch the light show at night.
Or you can sit out in the park and watch "Night at the Museum" for free on the Great Lawn. By the way, Thursday's at the Museum of Art are "pay what you can" from 5pm to 9pm.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 AM

15,994 posts, read 33,910,703 times
Tampaguy is a helpful, positive guy who knows how to enjoy life.

You have a great time this weekend, Tampaguy - and keep up the great postings!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,252,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Make that two. I use downtown aswell. Its a beautiful area of town, and its growing and starting to become a great hangout spot.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 AM

27,798 posts, read 28,483,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Or you can sit out in the park and watch "Night at the Museum" for free on the Great Lawn. By the way, Thursday's at the Museum of Art are "pay what you can" from 5pm to 9pm.
I like that idea (Pay what you can) - wished they'd have that at the auto dealership, grocery store, ticketmaster, etc. I'd have loved to have gone to see John Mayer, but can't afford to shell out $50+ to see a few hours of music.

Joking, of course.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:09 PM

877 posts, read 1,720,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
That's sad.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:49 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,312,049 times
We also don't know anyone that frequently goes downtown here...! What's wrong with that? Are we supposed too? Not everyone has time & money to hang out like that!

When we lived in Fort Lauderdale we frequented "down town" a lot more....here, the only time we ever get down there is for architectural photo shoots, nothing more....

Old 02-08-2010, 10:06 PM

357 posts, read 733,665 times
Erm... what happened to the old Tampa art museum?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:59 AM

27,798 posts, read 28,483,676 times
Spent a few hours downtown Tampa yesterday - visited the Tampa Trib building and had lunch smack downtown - and I must say, it is a very beautiful city with the high rise bank buildings, some of the older historic looking buildings, U of Tampa turrets, parks, Channelside, the Forum, Florida History, etc etc etc. Lots of younger folks running around, strolling - must have been U of T students - there is a lot of potential downtown for more, too.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:17 PM

204 posts, read 467,942 times
I remember watching an interview with a consultant the city brought in to address the issue of the downtown and he said that they've made it too easy to leave downtown with all the expressways out to the suburbs and that is bad because if people had to hang around downtown waiting for the traffic to thin out they'd be more apt to frequent the downtown. So as it is everyone leaves work and takes off, leaving the downtown shell. Personally I'd add that it's surrounded by pretty thick ghetto and there's more of a danger risk downtown than in the burbs. I remember waiting for a bus downtown in the middle of the day and some dreadlocked guy smoking a crack laced joint right out in the open. Now that was before all the new development but still. I've been thinking of moving downtown as I like walking around and seeing the sites but just the chance of assault, robbery etc is so much higher that I can't justify it. I'm safe out here in the burbs, but I'd love to be able to walk from my place over to ybor/downtown etc. It's pretty whitebread where I'm at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay