Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 05:23 PM

111 posts, read 223,707 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband is exploring a possibility in Largo.

We are a family with three elementary school aged children.

Where would you recommend we live?

Our requirements (same as most peoples ):

A) Great schools (Do you have school choice there? It is not something I'm at all familiar with)

B) Reasonable commute (Less than 30 minutes preferably)

C) Family Friendly (Park Districts? Or Family Friendly activities - Like Dance Lessons and Baseball for the kids).

Can you point me in the direction of some zip codes to start a preliminary housing/school search?

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 01:52 PM

17 posts, read 56,009 times
I've sent a msg. to your "direct" messages - upper right.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:20 PM

111 posts, read 223,707 times
Without starting a new thread, can I just ask about commute times?

I'm not familiar enough with Largo and the surrounding areas to get a good vibe on how long a commute would be during typical times.

If my husband were working in Largo - How far away could we live and still have a 30 minute commute?

If I'm looking for housing in the $300,000 range - is that doable within 30 minutes?

Thank you!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 AM

17 posts, read 56,009 times
The basic answer is, yes, you can commute to a job and decent living within 30 minutes or less. The answer to your second question also is yes. Remember that Largo is a geographically fair sized place so you can stretch from water to industrial in that time. I left you a message in "direct" as in PM on the upper right, with my e-mail. If you feel comfortable with giving me an e-mail address in that private section with the location of your husband's job (only need a Rd. and an address range - leave off the last two numbers if you wish) I can tell you approximate times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay