Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 PM

78 posts, read 185,293 times

Advertisements

So we have narrowed our search down to 7 homes that are scattered around the Tampa area and wondering if anyone has any information on these following communities. Are they close to shopping? Good community for children? Pros/Cons? Here they go:

Ballantrae in Land O Lakes
Covington Park in Apollo Beach
Boyette Springs in Riverview
Clubhouse Estates at Summerfield in Riverview
Meadow Pointe in Wesley Chapel
Grand Hampton in Tampa
Pinewalk in Wesley Chapel

Thanks ahead of time

P.S. We will be looking at these home the end of next week

Last edited by sjea0124; 03-02-2010 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 05:02 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,867,382 times
You are all over the Tampa bay area.... I suggest you do a search on this forum for each and every one of the areas to see what has been posted by others. You will find plenty of info for some of the areas.
Good luck with your choices and welcome to sunny Florida!!

Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,567,907 times
I would suggest you research the school assignments thoroughly. And you should also be wary of Chinese Drywall. I know it's been found in at least 4 of the communities for the homes you selected. Have you actually visited any of these areas or have you just qualified the homes on the internet?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:28 AM

We will be down next week to look at the homes with our realtor. We have done research on the school areas and we are all over the place because we really don't have to be planted in a certain area. My fiance can work from home and I travel so as long as I am within an hour to the airport I am fine.

I just want to get a better sense of the communities themselves from maybe people who live in any of them and see what they like/dislike about the communities

Old 03-05-2010, 02:50 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,641,189 times
I can tell you a little bit about Grand Hampton and Meadow Pointe. Grand Hampton has a huge CDD fee (around $2,000 a year), and is more upscale than Meadow Pointe (older section). Meadow Pointe has newer sections that is quite far from the original Meadow Pointe. The newer section has nice playgrounds with a stretched out tent to cover the playground equipment, so that the kids won't burn themselves when the tempuratures are hot and the sun is beating down. The newer section seems like a sleepy community. Very quiet. Whenever I am visiting friends there, I don't see the kids outside playing or in the playground. I do see people going for walks with their children (mostly very little kids).

I know people in the older section too and they like living there.

Sorry, I don't know about the other communities you mentioned.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,068 times
Default move to Tampa area

sjea0124,
What did you find when you came down to check out the communities? We are also planning on moving down from Michigan and are considering Summerfield & Boyette Springs in Riverview so I'm interested in what you found. We looked at a few houses in Boyette Springs when we were there last week and liked it, especially the low fees.
Thanks!
Cathy

Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyS111 View Post
sjea0124,
What did you find when you came down to check out the communities? We are also planning on moving down from Michigan and are considering Summerfield & Boyette Springs in Riverview so I'm interested in what you found. We looked at a few houses in Boyette Springs when we were there last week and liked it, especially the low fees.
Thanks!
Cathy
Cathy,

Sorry for the late response, better late than never. Well we looked at some homes in Boyette Springs and maybe it was the section we we're in since rather large but it did not seem kept up really well. Tons of cars parked on every street which made narrow to drive through. RV trucks and whatnot in the driveway and seemed like many people didn't care about how the outside of their house looked.

Depending on your budget, we loved the Panther Trace community in Riverview and Grand Hampton in Tampa. While the fee's are higher in these communities the communities seem to be kept up very nicely.

After going down to look at homes though, we have decided to get a rental property for the time being until we can evaluate the areas and pick a community where we can build a home to our likings.

Eric

Old 09-18-2010, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,744 times
does anyone know where the location of new bridge to be built in boyett
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay