Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:44 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,295,988 times

Advertisements

Sunny-Days90........and YOU as a landlord, what makes you think you're above everyone else exactly? we rented for someone we thought was "decent" and after 4 months we were notified that they are in foreclosure and we have to move out.....we moved from another city and all of our moving funds were spent.....and we have not seen our deposit back either......they took our money and ran back to California! why do you think that's OK! should we have run a background check and checked public records etc we would have found that they were in default by 4 months already and also filled for bankruptcy, but realtors are not obligated to disclose any of that information to their clients so we had no idea and our realtor either didn't know wither or didn't tell us.....either way, we got screwed out of our money........ but WHY do you assume renters are some "low class" that should have no rights? and should be free to be screwed with? we have families too!

I can say the same thing.......why do you want to see my credit for? you know fully well that in this country once you lost your job and don't have millions saved up you're going to default on something UNLESS you find a job the next day which is unlikely for MOST people...............SO........just because I may have defaulted on something that hardly tells if I'll be paying my rent or not.......SOME PEOPLE (nowadays more than before) keep on paying all their utilities and rents and default on credit cards.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,554,653 times
Florida is one of the top states for foreclosure and mortagage delinquency in the nation. A renter would be wise to check the landlord of the property before throwing their money away.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:58 AM

794 posts, read 1,859,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Florida is one of the top states for foreclosure and mortagage delinquency in the nation. A renter would be wise to check the landlord of the property before throwing their money away.
That's exactly what I'm sayin.....

Old 03-07-2010, 11:08 AM

794 posts, read 1,859,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Bentlebee...not everyone that rents is in bad shape and can't buy...my brother makes 6 figures , has stellar credit and works for the same school since 1988 and pays $700 rent smack down in the middle of Coral Gables since 1988....can't beat that!!! he has no reason to buy! We don't have a reason to buy either!

This whole "buying a home" is overrated....when you factor in ALL that it cost to maintain that home it makes a lot more sense to rent! Plus it's not like you can take your house to your grave...just one more material thing....we rather rent, care for the home we rent and not have any of the other headaches that come with home ownership...HOA's, Homeowners insurance...CDD's...blah, blah, blah...
You make great sense! Might I ask how many times you have moved recently? The stigma is that rentals are temporary due to owners selling the rental property. In this financial climate it's rare to run into a home for rent because the owner is an investor.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:17 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Quote:
Bentlebee...not everyone that rents is in bad shape and can't buy...my brother makes 6 figures , has stellar credit and works for the same school since 1988 and pays $700 rent smack down in the middle of Coral Gables since 1988....can't beat that!!! he has no reason to buy! We don't have a reason to buy either!

This whole "buying a home" is overrated....when you factor in ALL that it cost to maintain that home it makes a lot more sense to rent! Plus it's not like you can take your house to your grave...just one more material thing....we rather rent, care for the home we rent and not have any of the other headaches that come with home ownership...HOA's, Homeowners insurance...CDD's...blah, blah, blah...
Everybody is free to buy or to rent. But renting has and will always be throwing your money away while if you buy at a good price you are building equity (I'm not talking about people who made stupid decisions) and instead of throwing $ 700.00 away every month or paying it to some one else, he could use it towards owning a home...But as you stated he doesn't want it, and I'm free to say that IMO he is dumb to rent...but that is called freedom of speech...

Old 03-07-2010, 04:35 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,554,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Everybody is free to buy or to rent. But renting has and will always be throwing your money away
Are sure about that, there are homeowners that are so severly underwater on their homes that they will never see equity, yet they still have to pay all the costs associated with home ownership.

Buying vs. renting a home - May. 26, 2009

Old 03-07-2010, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 3,645 times
It's quite humorous to me, that the "owners" in this thread, believe they're essentially in an "employer/employee" relationship. That's simply NOT the case. The tenant has a right to know as much about the owner, as the owner does about the tenant.

It's pretty simple really, if you're interested in renting and the "owner" declines to provide you with adequate measures to make you feel comfortable the property will not be foreclosed on, than simply find another property to rent. The owner is not the only entity that has the right to approve or decline based on opinion, observation, etc. Being a homeowner does NOT exclude an individual from dishonesty, fraud, manipulation of laws, rules, guidelines, or other sinister acts.

If I was interested in renting, and someone declined to provide me with desired information, I would assume they had corrupt reasoning behind it and I would sever all contact immediately.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslives View Post
If I was interested in renting, and someone declined to provide me with desired information, I would assume they had corrupt reasoning behind it and I would sever all contact immediately.
That would be great. Don't take this personally, but you sound like the kind of tenant that is nothing but problems.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:47 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,250 times
Quote:
S
I can say the same thing.......why do you want to see my credit for? you know fully well that in this country once you lost your job and don't have millions saved up you're going to default on something UNLESS you find a job the next day which is unlikely for MOST people...............SO........just because I may have defaulted on something that hardly tells if I'll be paying my rent or not......
It's actually a pretty good indication. Not foolproof, of course, but a good indicator.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:49 PM

3 posts, read 3,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
That would be great. Don't take this personally, but you sound like the kind of tenant that is nothing but problems.

That's an interesting observation, what exactly led you to that conclusion? I would have imagined you'd need some sort of evidence, but you apparently require none and base your assertions on wherever your imagination takes you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay