U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 AM

433 posts, read 904,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphix View Post
That depends upon how much you can tolerate heat. For example, I like it to be in the low 70s and less. You rarely, if ever, get that in the summertime here. If I had my choice, I'd take 0 over 90 any day. At least I can dress for that. I can't get less dressed than naked.

For the record, I would have loved for our "cold winter" to have lasted for four months. That would have rocked. The only part that sucked is that almost all of my plants died.

Also, for the record, sometimes the storms just trap the heat and add humidity. It doesn't always get cooler. And generally, there's plenty of sun left to heat it right back up so it's just muggy the entire night. That's mainly the case for the last half of summer—June through October. It used to only be through August or so but for the past few years or so it's been hot through October.

Well if Im still here this summer maybe I will change my mind but i've never ever heard of a nighttime being too hot. I know it can be muggy but the temp is in the 70's at most. Biggest issue it seems is that you have to sleep with no blankets but that's why they invented A/C.

70's are pretty cool for sure but I don't consider it to be a party til we're in the low to mid 80's. That's my ideal temp. Yes Im pretty sure that at times the humidity is going to get to me but I find the mornings and evenings here even when it's very hot to be heaven. If someone doesn't like 80's they should not be in florida. No upper 80's and 90's are no fun, especially when the water gets too hot to be able to provide relief but during the worst of it you can hide in the a/c and wait it out. Relief does come. It's not 4 straight months of 90 degree weather. Up north it's 4 straight months of 20-30 degree weather DURING THE DAYTIME and that's IF YOUR LUCKY. One time it was -20 windchill for 3 straight weeks. You wanna cry about 90 degree's for 6 hours?? Try doing minus 20 degree's for 3 straight weeks and then get back to me.

Try having to park in a long parkinglot to get to work and having your entire body turn purple with white spots all over it on your way to the door and when you get inside you literally BURN for 30 minutes as you UNTHAW. Any expectations of using your hands have to be put on hold until you "thaw out".

Honestly I think that any person who would prefer 0 degree's or a 4 month winter is either insane or hasn't actually done it and doesn't understand what happens to your mood and your mind.

I just cant see how anyone would prefer it but I know some do. I use to have a roomate who would open windows during the winter time in 20 degree weather and I lived with a canadian who didn't see the need to use heat, even though we would get down in the 30's and 40's at night.

Last edited by ^Eagle^; 03-30-2010 at 08:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 AM

3,380 posts, read 8,212,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Cin! View Post
Me 4! And I should be in on the 'headed that way in 3 months' quote as well!

Ok...I might not be smiling in July when I'm trying to unload a moving van in the heat and humidity and possibly a thunderstorm...but after it's all unpacked and put away (sometime in December!) THEN I'm pretty sure I'll be smiling big.
WOOO WHOOOO! 3 months! Yaya Cha Cha, I'm just a little excited. Cin! do yourself a favor, when you arrive to Tampa look in craigslist and find guys to unload your truck for you. When I left Austin I found a moving company on craigslist to load up our moving truck. I think it was $50/hr for 2 guys. 4 hours and $200 later everything was loaded and ready to roll. Plus the guys we're nice and a lot of fun to chit chat with. I would imagine unloading a trailer would take less time. Our families should have unpacking parties.... hahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Eagle^ View Post
Try having to park in a long parkinglot to get to work and having your entire body turn purple with white spots all over it on your way to the door and when you get inside you literally BURN for 30 minutes as you UNTHAW. Any expectations of using your hands have to be put on hold until you "thaw out".

Honestly I think that any person who would prefer 0 degree's or a 4 month winter is either insane or hasn't actually done it and doesn't understand what happens to your mood and your mind.

I just cant see how anyone would prefer it but I know some do. I use to have a roomate who would open windows during the winter time in 20 degree weather and I lived with a canadian who didn't see the need to use heat, even though we would get down in the 30's and 40's at night.
Eagle, where are you from? Sounds colder where you are at than in Anchorage, which is complete possible. Anchorage is more mild than a lot of places in the winter (Minnesota and Wisconsin get colder). Sounds like you need to buy some arctic gear buddy... brrrrrrrrr.

When it all comes down to it, some people like cold and some people like hot. I prefer hot. I have lived in it before and when in Austin I thought a good day was any day under 90 - 93. Now granted, there is a lot less humidity in Austin so it will be interesting to see how we do when we arrive in Tampa in mid/late July. With that said, I sill prefer heat over cold. YOu can turn on your car, unroll your windows and put on the A/C and your car is ready to go and cool in under 5 minutes. During the winter here I let my car idle 20 - 30 minutes and its still not "warm" it just not quite as cold. To each its own. Oh and you will see me on here after I move complaining about how hot it is for one reason or another on one of those very hot days and I have a chore I must do outside. I would imagine your car stay pretty clean down there for awhile. Right now I am having to was my car twice a week and its still VERY dirty between washings. Got to love breakup!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 AM

371 posts, read 1,079,471 times
I never know if I'm doing these Quote things right. Sometimes they come out right and sometimes they dont.

Anyhoo...Unpacking party??? Does not sound like my kind of party. lol. Unpacking is the bane of my existence. Which is why I STILL have some boxes that have never been unpacked 5 military moves later! "Honey, Where's the blender? Never mind, I'll buy a new one!". Of course, this move is on us now...sooooo I'm pretty sure alot of those boxes and multiples of the same item will not be coming along. I'll be sure to keep the "hire a few guys" to unload suggestion in mind though. The hubster will be quite happy with that idea.

Now back to the heat topic. I've lived in Houston, Texas where it can get 110 degrees with 99 % humidity. Humidity, Humidity, Humidity! Heat! Heat! Heat! Palmeto bugs. Gheckos. Fire Ants. Horrible Traffic. Bad Schools. Strange people. Lots of Crime. And we didn't even have the clear blue gulf water and the white sandy beachs to console ourselves with!

I think I'll get along ok in Florida. lol. When I get hot and gripey I'll jump in the pool, crank up the A.C. or mix another Margarita. (Now where did I put that blender...)

[quote=AlaskaKash;13519194]WOOO WHOOOO! 3 months! Yaya Cha Cha, I'm just a little excited. Cin! do yourself a favor, when you arrive to Tampa look in craigslist and find guys to unload your truck for you. When I left Austin I found a moving company on craigslist to load up our moving truck. I think it was $50/hr for 2 guys. 4 hours and $200 later everything was loaded and ready to roll. Plus the guys we're nice and a lot of fun to chit chat with. I would imagine unloading a trailer would take less time. Our families should have unpacking parties.... hahahaha.

[quote]

Old 03-30-2010, 01:21 PM

433 posts, read 904,196 times
Quote:
Eagle, where are you from?
Origionally from new england but I've been down to Florida several times and have lived down here since November. So far it hasn't been hot enough, but the last week or so has been great!

I know that I will probably be complaining during the peak summer (mid june to mid september) but I also know that I can still go outside in the early morning and the evening and be fine. Not so up north.

Also for those of you who have never lived up north let me tell you. There are many things that come into play that you don't consider. When it's hot you still get the sunlight, the sun is close to the eart, and you can go into air conditioning if it's too hot.

In a 4 months winter you get NO sunlight, even when you go outside. At first you have the holidays and playoff football which gets you by. After January though February and March are hell. You've been inside for 2 months as it is with no end in sight, it's freezing cold. NO ONE GOES OUT. THE NIGHTLIFE IS DEAD! Businesses are dead.

You got oil bills around 300-400 bucks a month and it's still cold with ice and snow. You start to suffer from depression.

By the time it thaws out some time in april your literally ready to die. Take the feeling you got after that recent cold spell down here when we had our first real nice warm sunny day.

Times that by like 100 for how you feel when you finally get it up north. It's like your in shock. You feel like your coming out of hibernation and have been on ice in a dark room for years. It's crazy.

Be thankful for the weather down here, it's one of the best things about this place besides the nightlife and entertainment. The people come next, but it's a mixed bag. Some people are worst than I could have imagined ever, while others are really awesome, chill, and cool.

Jobs are the only thing down here that are a major drawback so far to me. The competition is ridiculous and sometimes you just feel it's impossible to find work and then when you do it's tough to make enough to pay the bills much less enjoy all the things there is to do.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:17 PM

16,710 posts, read 11,151,529 times
[quote=It's Cin!;13520352]I never know if I'm doing these Quote things right. Sometimes they come out right and sometimes they dont.

Anyhoo...Unpacking party??? Does not sound like my kind of party. lol. Unpacking is the bane of my existence. Which is why I STILL have some boxes that have never been unpacked 5 military moves later! "Honey, Where's the blender? Never mind, I'll buy a new one!". Of course, this move is on us now...sooooo I'm pretty sure alot of those boxes and multiples of the same item will not be coming along. I'll be sure to keep the "hire a few guys" to unload suggestion in mind though. The hubster will be quite happy with that idea.

Now back to the heat topic. I've lived in Houston, Texas where it can get 110 degrees with 99 % humidity. Humidity, Humidity, Humidity! Heat! Heat! Heat! Palmeto bugs. Gheckos. Fire Ants. Horrible Traffic. Bad Schools. Strange people. Lots of Crime. And we didn't even have the clear blue gulf water and the white sandy beachs to console ourselves with!

I think I'll get along ok in Florida. lol. When I get hot and gripey I'll jump in the pool, crank up the A.C. or mix another Margarita. (Now where did I put that blender...)

[quote=AlaskaKash;13519194]WOOO WHOOOO! 3 months! Yaya Cha Cha, I'm just a little excited. Cin! do yourself a favor, when you arrive to Tampa look in craigslist and find guys to unload your truck for you. When I left Austin I found a moving company on craigslist to load up our moving truck. I think it was $50/hr for 2 guys. 4 hours and $200 later everything was loaded and ready to roll. Plus the guys we're nice and a lot of fun to chit chat with. I would imagine unloading a trailer would take less time. Our families should have unpacking parties.... hahahaha.

If you can take the heat in Houston then you will do ok in Tampa.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM

47 posts, read 64,656 times
Quote:
Well if Im still here this summer maybe I will change my mind but i've never ever heard of a nighttime being too hot. I know it can be muggy but the temp is in the 70's at most. Biggest issue it seems is that you have to sleep with no blankets but that's why they invented A/C.

70's are pretty cool for sure but I don't consider it to be a party til we're in the low to mid 80's. That's my ideal temp. Yes Im pretty sure that at times the humidity is going to get to me but I find the mornings and evenings here even when it's very hot to be heaven. If someone doesn't like 80's they should not be in florida. No upper 80's and 90's are no fun, especially when the water gets too hot to be able to provide relief but during the worst of it you can hide in the a/c and wait it out. Relief does come. It's not 4 straight months of 90 degree weather. Up north it's 4 straight months of 20-30 degree weather DURING THE DAYTIME and that's IF YOUR LUCKY. One time it was -20 windchill for 3 straight weeks. You wanna cry about 90 degree's for 6 hours?? Try doing minus 20 degree's for 3 straight weeks and then get back to me.

Dude, you're talking to the wrong guy about this. I'd fall into that last paragraph. I love cold weather and I'm not insane. I would kill for it to snow here during the winter.

My biggest problem with moving north is the overuse of heating. When I went to NYC in March a few years ago, the average was around 30. For me that's really not cold enough to even bother with a coat but it was windy so I took it anyway. I just about died every time I went into a store or restaurant—in fact we ate outside once because even my wife thought that it was too hot inside! Every place had the heat cranked way to high and I spent half of our honeymoon taking off and putting on a coat. Then I'd get outside, and after a few blocks of walking, I'd sweat. Then I'd take off the coat and my jacket. Then I'd have to carry that crap around. Then the sweat would cool, and I'd put it back on. It was horrible cycle. What I don't get is that they know everyone coming in is dressed like it's 30 outside, why set the heat to like 80?

Anyway, one of the few other reasons that I don't move, other than being upside down on my house, is that absolutely everyone I know lives here—including 3 generations of my family, and friends that I consider my brothers. Another is that, for some reason, I just love this city and its culture, which also happens to be my culture. I love my house, and I live in an area where most of the houses are pre-1930.

I love the things to do around here, especially outdoors, but I hate that I can't do much of it during the summer unless it involves water. Fall and early spring around here are just about perfect. Unfortunately that's about a month or two out of the year. Even a longer winter would be nice. This winter was perfect for me.

The only thing I'm missing is a pool. That's the only way I survived childhood outside. Now I will say this about the mild winter: I love that I can go swimming in January!

Quote:
In a 4 months winter you get NO sunlight, even when you go outside. At first you have the holidays and playoff football which gets you by. After January though February and March are hell. You've been inside for 2 months as it is with no end in sight, it's freezing cold. NO ONE GOES OUT. THE NIGHTLIFE IS DEAD! Businesses are dead.

You got oil bills around 300-400 bucks a month and it's still cold with ice and snow. You start to suffer from depression.

By the time it thaws out some time in april your literally ready to die. Take the feeling you got after that recent cold spell down here when we had our first real nice warm sunny day.
From my perspective it works the other way around. In the summer, all you get is sunlight, even if you stay inside. It heats the house, and then your electric bill goes sky high. You never leave your house. It's hot as hell outside. If you forget something in your car you don't want to go back out and get it until you've cooled off. The nightlife is fine because a lot of people around here like the heat, but I wouldn't know about it because I'm inside as close to naked as possible. By the time fall rolls around you're just about to wish you'd die, and then the humidity clears somewhat. You realize that the sky looks a little less hazy and you know that cooler weather is coming. Only it doesn't come immediately. It stays hot for a month or so more, then it gets nice and breezy. Then it gets hot as hell for a few days, and then, if you're really lucky, the temp will drop to the 60s or even the 50s and you can go outside again! The Christmas rolls around and it's mildly hot and a freak drizzle occurs, and then on alternating weeks it's "cool" and gradually gets warmer and more humid each and every afternoon. And it all starts over again.

To me, the really nice weather in this place is so fleeting, but it's so wonderful that the damn state convinces me to do it all again just to see it happen again. Those days would be like last Saturday—though I would have liked it about 5-10 degrees cooler.

When we had that "warm day" you spoke of, my thought was "F***, there goes the nice weather."

I know it sounds like I really hate it here, but the truth is, I really don't. I just can't stand heat, and I can't get away from it no matter where I go, so I might as well stay here. The problem is that most people are not like me, and for those that are it sucks. And just think, I'm actually WAY more tolerant of heat than I was when I was younger.

Last edited by graphix; 03-30-2010 at 10:22 PM..

Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
Oh and you will see me on here after I move complaining about how hot it is for one reason or another on one of those very hot days and I have a chore I must do outside. I would imagine your car stay pretty clean down there for awhile. Right now I am having to was my car twice a week and its still VERY dirty between washings. Got to love breakup!
I don't think I'd make nearly as much of a complaint if it weren't for having to mow every other week. I mean, it's still enough to make you sweat before you can get from your driveway to your door, but as long as you can get into A/C quickly it's not too bad. Having to do yardwork or anything outside for 5+ minutes is horrible.

I used to mow during the worst heat of the day because I didn't want to waste my Saturday. Then I started to mow around dusk. That worked out, but it sucks if you have anything you want to do in the evening. Last summer, I'd mow on Friday after work so that my weekend was free.

By the way, Rock's moving did a great job for us. I think it cost something like $150 to move from our old 3rd story apartment to our house.

As for the car, don't bother washing it in the summer. It won't rain for days and you'll think, "hmm, I should wash the car." That day, or the next it'll rain guaranteed. I haven't washed mine in at least a year. We've been on water restrictions and I haven't bothered to take it someplace.

Last edited by graphix; 03-30-2010 at 10:19 PM..

Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 AM

3,380 posts, read 8,212,061 times
Quote:
everyone I know lives here—including 3 generations of my family, and friends that I consider my brothers. Another is that, for some reason, I just love this city and its culture, which also happens to be my culture. I love my house, and I live in an area where most of the houses are pre-1930.
I know what you mean. All of our family and friends are up here in Alaska as well. And even though we are really close to them and will be moving to an area which is foreign and new to us..... the is no way I could stay here longer.

Quote:
By the time fall rolls around you're just about to wish you'd die, and then the humidity clears somewhat. You realize that the sky looks a little less hazy and you know that cooler weather is coming. Only it doesn't come immediately. It stays hot for a month or so more, then it gets nice and breezy.
Funny, sounds like us waiting for summer to arrive. You always have a reminder of the season's change about to take place, but the weather just loves to tease you.

Quote:
I don't think I'd make nearly as much of a complaint if it weren't for having to mow every other week. I mean, it's still enough to make you sweat before you can get from your driveway to your door, but as long as you can get into A/C quickly it's not too bad. Having to do yardwork or anything outside for 5+ minutes is horrible.
I remember these days in Austin. I would wait until the evening to mow my yard. Having to mow every other week is not too bad. I must mow every week here in Anchorage and my yard is almost 1 acre to it take quite awhile. If I do not mow it for 2 weeks I am looking at spending at least 3 hours out there. Granted though, mowing in 65 - 70 degrees is way better than mowing in 85+. Now in the winter we may not have to move snow each week, but sometime we have to moved in several times in a weeks. It just all depends

Quote:
By the way, Rock's moving did a great job for us. I think it cost something like $150 to move from our old 3rd story apartment to our house.
Thank you, I will be sure to check them out. I am always much more careful picking movers who move me in rather than out of a place. When moving out, they can't come back to your home and steal your stuff.

Quote:
As for the car, don't bother washing it in the summer. It won't rain for days and you'll think, "hmm, I should wash the car." That day, or the next it'll rain guaranteed. I haven't washed mine in at least a year. We've been on water restrictions and I haven't bothered to take it someplace.
This is GREAT news. Yet another savings that I didn't expect. We have to wash our cars here at least once a month at $14/pop (I usually wash it myself in the driveway in summer to make it nearly free.) I don;t mind a car that is a little dirt, but I cannot stand a car that is so filthy when the kids rub against it they get a big dirt streak on them.

Thanks for the point of view Graphix. I suppose when you think about it, it all comes down to personal preference. Heck, if well like the same things the world would be a boring place.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean. All of our family and friends are up here in Alaska as well. And even though we are really close to them and will be moving to an area which is foreign and new to us..... the is no way I could stay here longer.
That's definitely a hard decision to make. Every summer I think about moving and then the weather teases me. And now that I own my own house, that I love, it's all the more difficult.

If I do leave, I'm keeping this house—or at least one in my neighborhood. I'm pretty set on that.

Quote:
Funny, sounds like us waiting for summer to arrive. You always have a reminder of the season's change about to take place, but the weather just loves to tease you.
Yeah, I was just trying to use what Eagle said to show what it feels like to be on the other side. It's just a difference in preference. As I said before, if you like heat, you'll love it here. I just want to make sure that anyone contemplating coming here understands that it's not just "warm" here but really, really hot.

Quote:
I remember these days in Austin. I would wait until the evening to mow my yard. Having to mow every other week is not too bad. I must mow every week here in Anchorage and my yard is almost 1 acre to it take quite awhile. If I do not mow it for 2 weeks I am looking at spending at least 3 hours out there. Granted though, mowing in 65 - 70 degrees is way better than mowing in 85+. Now in the winter we may not have to move snow each week, but sometime we have to moved in several times in a weeks. It just all depends
Same here really. I just make it wait two because I can't stand doing it any more frequently! When the rains come the grass grows quickly. I think the most I left it alone was for about 3-4 weeks and the grass, even folded over on itself, was about as tall as the lawnmower. The front lawn looked really cool. It reminded me of hills in Ireland. It was scary walking through the grass to take the trash out though.

Quote:
Thank you, I will be sure to check them out. I am always much more careful picking movers who move me in rather than out of a place. When moving out, they can't come back to your home and steal your stuff.
If they're coming back to steal anything, they're taking their sweet time. It's been 2.5 years.

Quote:
This is GREAT news. Yet another savings that I didn't expect. We have to wash our cars here at least once a month at $14/pop (I usually wash it myself in the driveway in summer to make it nearly free.) I don;t mind a car that is a little dirt, but I cannot stand a car that is so filthy when the kids rub against it they get a big dirt streak on them.
Unfortunately, I forgot to mention something about that. The problem is, when it rains—just like probably happens in snow—the dirt from the road is thrown onto your car by the cars in front of you. If you drive in traffic, you'll have some of that left over. If you have a clear stretch of road, it's somewhat like a carwash. Also, the rain tends to be hard and leaves spots.

If you have a white car, the spots are practically invisible, but the road dirt isn't. My old car was white, and it'd show. My current car is yellow, which is light enough to hide the spots and dark enough to hide the dirt.

The good news is that, if I recall correctly, it's about $6-$7 for a carwash or like $3.50 for one of those do it yourself places. The water restrictions are still in effect unfortunately, even though we've apparently rationed ourselves so well that they have to raise rates like that makes sense. They're basically saying that we still are in drought conditions but we should have used more water in the ways we're allowed to use it so that our rates wouldn't have to go up. It makes no sense. If you want to raise the rates, fine, but don't blame it on conservation.

Quote:
Thanks for the point of view Graphix. I suppose when you think about it, it all comes down to personal preference. Heck, if well like the same things the world would be a boring place.
No problem. I feel like sometimes I'm coming off too strong with my own opinion, but I'm really writing for the people like the OP's husband who really hate heat while their spouse hates the cold. It'd be better to compromise somewhere in the middle.

The problem is that people look at the temperature and think, oh the average is only 85, I can do that no problem, but they don't realize that 85 with low humidity feels completely differently than 85 with high humidity. I hate the old saying it's not the heat it's the humidity because it's so trite, but it's completely true. 85 here is NOT like 85 up north. I don't mind 85 up north. I can't stand 85 here. It's suffocating. It's like the air is so thick you have to chew it to breathe.

There are plenty of people that love it though. Those people tend to be cold to begin with, but even some of them find it a little bit too hot during the very worst months.

I'm sorry for my lack of brevity, but there's another thing that people don't think about when they move here. They say, well if it's hot, I'll just go to the beach. For one thing, the water at the beach is much warmer in the shallows, where you'll be swimming. You'll expect it to be so cold, and on some days it just isn't. Some days it's barely cool. The other problem is that a lot of other people think that. The beach then becomes packed and it can be difficult to get to it—especially Clearwater. It's difficult to park. Then you have to deal with sand all over the place. I love the beach, don't get me wrong, but unlike what seems to be popular opinion, most of us very rarely visit the beach because it can be a chore.

People that come and stay in hotels on the beach think that the beach is great. And it really is awesome—when you live on it. When you have to park in a parking lot and carry all of your stuff across burning hot pavement and then try to get in the car somewhat clean on the way home, it's not that easy. If you want to go in the water someone has to stay behind or you have to hope that no one steals your stuff. If you all go in, you have to figure out what to do with your car key and hope that you don't lose it in the surf. Tip: Even if you have a key with a chip, you can probably make a copy that will at least open your door that you don't have to worry about ruining that can be tied to your bathing suit, hopefully securely.

Anyway, I hope I'm not ruining everyone's grass is greener idea, but I want to point out that, like everyone says about snow, it's fine to visit but it's not the same as living through it. If you want to go to the beach, you should consider renting a room. Trust me, it's worth it. Plus you can access private beaches that way, and it's generally a lot cheaper than going to overcrowded places like Daytona or Miami.

We're probably going to do that a few more times this year. It's just a much better experience than trying to go to the beach for just a day.

Last edited by graphix; 03-31-2010 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 AM

150 posts, read 428,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magijasakymaro View Post
We just moved here from Michigan three months ago. Just in time for really cold weather!

Everyone seems to really enjoy telling me how horrible the heat in the summer is. I can see how this might be for many people, but I am SO cold all the time. I am very happy around 85* and humidity doesn't bother me. I imagine I will be hot when it hangs out around 90*, but I'm hoping it isn't unbearable, and I can always hang out in the AC.

Is there anyone who doesn't mind heat like that? I'm hopeful that it's possible! (Or am I kidding myself?)
I don't mind the heat. In fact, I turn on the AC sparingly (all I use is a fan, and it more than suffices). My cooling costs are much lower than are my heating costs.

It really depends on how much heat you can take. If you're a cool-weather person, you'll languish here. It sometimes feels hotter than it really is because of the humid air. If you love warm weather, however, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I love warmth and humidity - I don't mind at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay