Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 PM

47 posts, read 70,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
Born and raised in Floirda here along with my granny and grandpa ma and pa. i don't recall ever having so much cold weather I am sick now and feeling misreble and wishing for my hot humid weather so I can sit in my air or under a tree and keep cool.
When I was a kid we had a decent winter, although it didn't last as long. A few times when I was in elementary school, I remember my dad pointing out that the puddles in the road had iced over. It "snowed" for about 5 minutes in like 1989. It melted about 10 seconds after hitting the ground. It was more like white dust than anything else.

My grandparents would probably agree with you, but they were out of town for the "snow" of 1977. I'm sure there have been colder times, but not since I've been alive. It gives me hope though, that we'll be returning to the climate we had when I was a kid. Storms came earlier so the sun could clear up the humidity and it left us with cooler evenings. Now they come late and just leave humidity that the sun doesn't have time to burn off.

Maybe it's just the filter of nostalgia, but summer has definitely seemed to be getting hotter each year for the past 5 or so years. And before anyone mentions it, I'm not talking about whether or not global warming is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
It's pure hell from mid May till mid Oct with very little rain where i live anyway. Highs around 88 to 95 and lows around 73 to 82. The dewpoint and humidty is what makes it a killer.
In the hottest months the average high is around 93 and the average low is around 71.

It is pure hell for people that don't like warm weather. Those of us that moved here because we do like the warm weather think it is great.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:19 AM

30,424 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
In the hottest months the average high is around 93 and the average low is around 71.

It is pure hell for people that don't like warm weather. Those of us that moved here because we do like the warm weather think it is great.
Well if you think dew points in the high 70's and humidty over 80% with temps in the 90's and no rain for weeks at a time is great then have at it.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:21 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,569,549 times
Just like a mid west winter. One day at a time. I've done both. I can do either one day at a time.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Well if you think dew points in the high 70's and humidty over 80% with temps in the 90's and no rain for weeks at a time is great then have at it.
I bet you couldn't find a 2 hour stretch with those criteria at the same time let alone weeks at a time.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:50 AM

47 posts, read 70,056 times
Quote:

And those of you who think that annoy the rest of us.

Quote:
I bet you couldn't find a 2 hour stretch with those criteria at the same time let alone weeks at a time.
I actually laughed out loud for that, instead of just wanting to type "lol."

Old 03-16-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphix View Post
And those of you who think that annoy the rest of us.

I actually laughed out loud for that, instead of just wanting to type "lol."
Brilliant, people that enjoy the weather that Florida has had for hundreds of years annoy someone who complains about how hot it is in Florida. Just brilliant.

You laughed out loud? Can you find me even a 2 hour stretch in your area or the other posters area where those criteria are all going on at the same time? No you can't because as usual the complainers exaggerate the weather conditions.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:09 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,629,470 times
What are you talking about no rain for weeks? In Tampa? When it is crazy hot like that in the summer it rains every afternoon, you can practically set your watch by it!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:36 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
I understand your misunderstanding. It seems to me that there are at least a few people who live in a different place that I do. No rain in summer?

And oh my! It gets hot in FLORIDA, the most southern state in the U.S.
Isnt that just radical?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:38 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
The weather? And the bugs, and the residents, and the crime, the
roads, the housing, you name it, they complain about it.

Makes me wonder what drove them insane enough to come here in the first place, but no body every answers that question.

Quote:
No you can't because as usual the complainers exaggerate the weather conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay