Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:37 PM

279 posts, read 1,344,918 times

Advertisements

Are these two towns the same? I keep seeing the community of Seven Oaks as being in New Tampa. However, when I look for houses in that community, it keeps coming up as Wesley Chapel. Does this community overlap into both towns?

I am still trying to figure out this whole "Community sub-division" thing. We are going to Tampa next week to check out the area and I wanted to tour some of these towns and communities to see what I liked better. I think we are leaning more towards New Tampa area. I saw the community of Grand Hampton online and I liked the pictures so I would like to go check it out.

I used to lean more towards Lithia but I keep seeing posts about the horrendous traffic coming into and out of Fishhawk. Also, I was looking at LOL but people keeping posting that there is nothing there and it's very boring. So, is New Tampa better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 12:47 PM

44 posts, read 227,097 times
Wesley Chapel is in Pasco County. New Tampa is more like the Bruce B Downs, Cross Creek, Morris Bridge area (Hillsborough County)

Old 06-20-2007, 12:50 PM

68 posts, read 287,755 times
Wesley Chapel is just north of New Tampa, across the Pasco county line. Seven Oaks is technically in Wesley Chapel, although it's near the southern border. Grand Hampton is a really nice community, as is Seven Oaks.

Watergrass is another one you may want to look at. It's also a Crown Community (like Seven Oaks) but without as high prices.

The Wesley Chapel unofficial boundaries are County Line (S), I-75 (W), Overpass Rd (N), Morris Bridge Rd (E).

Old 06-22-2007, 09:54 PM

11 posts, read 48,580 times
We live in Seven Oaks and we consider it New Tampa, but lots of people from New Tamapa do not consider it New Tampa right now. It is not Tampa, it is Wesley Chapel. I think that once all teh malls are in, and people from hillsborugh county come to shop here it may be consider New Tampa for them too, but for now hey do not consider Seven Oaks New Tampa as is in the border of New Tampa.

By the way, we came here from out of state, rent in Seven Oaks because the renters did not make me sign a year lease and I want it the flexibility and we end up buying in Seven Oaks. We love it. People are great, lots of families and kids, the development is really nice, you get more for your money than in Hillsborough county, taxes are less, and new shops and malls are opening everywhere. 4 malls within the next year to 2 years around Seven Oaks. No downtown area, but neither New Tampa.

Good luck in your search

Old 06-23-2007, 08:20 AM

37 posts, read 219,480 times
I was emailed a map that specifically shows the (somewhat strange) borders of New Tampa.

As explained to me...
--------------------------------------------
If anything is in Pasco county, it cannot be in "New Tampa". New Tampa is a specific area annexed by the city of Tampa and does not include anything past the Pasco county line.

If a community is near New Tampa, then some people describe it as New Tampa because the New Tampa area is considered very desirable to some (no crime, nice developments, somewhat upscale), so associating your development/area with it is to your advantage.

Areas like Wesley Chapel are really "New Tampa Vicinity". Just because someone lives "near" the Hillsborough County border does not mean they live in Hillsborough County.
--------------------------------------------

There are some very nice WC "master planned communities" that are even "better" than some of the New Tampa communities...so it's really on a case by case basis where the "best" deal is. In general, Pasco County has lower taxes (so far), so that factors into the decision as well.

Last edited by Iroh; 06-23-2007 at 08:34 AM..

Old 06-23-2007, 09:30 AM

68 posts, read 287,755 times
Wesley Chapel will be just as nice as New Tampa in 5 years. As Iroh said, some areas are just as nice or nicer already. Plus you can get more house for your money in WC because of property values and taxes.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:45 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,071,539 times
Wesley Chapel is middle-class. New Tampa is middle-class and upper middle-class. Wesley Chapel is just beginning to develop. New Tampa has been here for a while, not a very long time though.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:50 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,562,690 times
Both are nice and next door to each other. Wesley Chapel should be slightly cheaper on taxes, since it's in Pasco County. Your car insurance might be slightly lower as well.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:15 PM

286 posts, read 1,026,051 times
There is a controversy that is mostly friendly about where New Tampa ends and where Wesley Chapel begins, per se. Facutally speaking, Wesley Chapel in unincorporated Pasco County, and New Tampa is actually part of the city of Tampa. Once you go south of County Line Road in Wesley Chapel, you're in Tampa city limits (New Tampa neighborhood designation).

Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,562,690 times
BTW, traffic is better in Land O Lakes, and we have easier access to multiple major roadways. New Tampa/Wesley Chapel is about 5-10 minutes from my house in LOL (4 redlights east, seriously). Unless you want nightlife, you might want to reconsider Land O Lakes. Property values have held their own nicely here, prior to the bubble, and should do so after the bubble. Just my 2-cents worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay