Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 4,944 times

Advertisements

Yes!!! I lived there in 2009-2010/11 Right after the shooting of the kids getting off the school bus we left. After that I looked up online and seen a women stabbed a man in the head with a knife a few blocks down. It was semi nice when we first moved there, but that housing crash in 2008 turned it into the hood. If you ever want to know about a area just go wait outside in the mornings and see the bus stop pickup. Not to mention Gibstion is wack. I have since purchased a home in Fishhawk Ranch in Lithia. 100x better. I love Fishahwk. Its just like a Leave it to Beaver community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
Just bought a house in carriage Pointe. We couldn't really see anything bad. There were some nice houses and everyone seems to have everything in order. Is this place really as bad as people are saying now in 2015? They even started building again.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:39 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurofox23 View Post
Just bought a house in carriage Pointe. We couldn't really see anything bad. There were some nice houses and everyone seems to have everything in order. Is this place really as bad as people are saying now in 2015? They even started building again.
I don't think it's a bad area. I think it's a diverse area and that scares some people. I know two people who live in Carriage Pointe. They both like it there and haven't had any issues. One is a single woman. She regularly walks her dog, works out at the gym, and plays tennis at the community facilities. She finds it a very convenient location and has been putting money into remodeling her home because she's happy there and intends to stay. I went to a party at her house and saw nothing that struck me as ghetto or dangerous, but I was only there for a few hours. The other person I know is of Indian descent and he told me he and his family like it there very much. His brother visited from out of state and is now making plans to move there as well. I doubt any rational person would encourage their sibling to move to a dangerous area.

I drive by this community several times every week when I go to play pickleball at the Gardenville Recreation Center, which is right down the road from Carriage Pointe. It looks fine and the people waiting for their kids to get off the bus just look like normal moms to me. No, it's not upscale, but it seems to be nice housing at a good price, and I haven't noticed a lot of trashiness, probably because their HOA is proactive. There's a lot of building going on in this area, so somebody must like it.

When we moved to Riverview four years ago people on CD said the same kind of things about it, but we haven't had any issues and the people we've met are very nice. Yes, there's a lot of diversity, and working people live here, but I don't consider that a bad thing. Sometimes it seems like if you aren't moving to an upscale or gated community, in a more affluent area, people who don't live in this area and have never lived here, post negativity and are less than kind. Maybe it's fear or ignorance, I really don't understand it. The people I know who live here like it and there's a ton of new development in this area, so more people are moving here. I hope this helps you and welcome to the area.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:57 PM

101 posts, read 123,614 times
From my experiences there I'd avoid like the plague. Its a place I know I would make enemies and would definitely need concealed carry. Even in Tampa I didn't feel this unsafe. St Pete not even. I think its because Gibsonton is so small that you could run into so many of the same people so if you have a problem it will not be good. I am currently in Dover but not in any real places to get in trouble really or have altercations plus no bars really and not exposed to the lower elements but ya, once I started feeling Gibsonton out from when I attempted to move there, I just had to gtfo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay