U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 9,237 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if Carriage Pointe was a bad area to buy a house or if the development of the houses were bad. I have seen alot of houses for sale in the area and i Heard that alot of it was due to the shooting that happened but just wanted to ensure if it was a nice area.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 01:39 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,438,048 times
I don't know that exact street per se, but Gibsonton as a whole isn't usually considered a desireable area, though I think some newer developments were built during the past decade.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 11,489 times
Carriage Point is a neighborhood that sprung up from what used to be a tropical fish farm. When building began there were a lot of speculators that bought there to flip the houses. After the realestate took a dump alot of the houses are forclosed or rentals. My neice lives in this neighbor hood. I have lived in the area since 1986 in brandon. I have lived in Gibsonton for six years and wished I had bought in Gibsonton back then. There are a lot of cool things about Gibsonton. If you focus on the negative you will get negativity. Yes there was a shooting in Carrigae Point a few years ago but there are shootings everywhere in this land of ours. Gibsonton unfortunately is a growing place...Lots of room and green everywhere. There are no adult book stores in Gibsonton...That would be on SR41 in Tampa....Lots of bad stuff happenin there.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:48 AM

202 posts, read 451,045 times
What's the difference between sr41 and Gibsonton? Are you saying all of sr41 is bad or just at some point north of town, if so what street does it get bad, like past Pendola Point or something?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 AM

3,237 posts, read 5,418,413 times
Gibsonton is full of carnies and white trash. There are some adult book stores up 41 in or near Gibsonton, who cares.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:58 PM

32 posts, read 159,276 times
Gib Town!!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:33 PM

265 posts, read 883,894 times
I live a few miles from(Apollo Beach) and drive through Gibsonton on a daily basis. The Hwy 41 side of Gibtown is pretty run down and Gibsonton Dr. doesnt really improve until you are East of I-75. That being said, I do not feel any less safe in Gibtown than in other areas of the Southshore.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 PM

2 posts, read 14,556 times
Arrow carriage pointe being safe

I will answer that as bias as possible. Coming from a mom of an 8 yr old. Who isn't white trash, who is judgmental if color this wasn't the neighborhood I expected to move into after moving in a week later. I aconsidered buying but after seeing all the commotion then performed my own survey of the homeowners on my street the feedback was astonishing. After that I did a grid check with the sheriffs office on the area. Yes its a bad area, its a section 8 area as well which is fine until its abused. The community ran out of Funds and had to get govt. Assistance. So ppl tell it like it really is. There's all kind of trash....its a shame cause its a decent looking neighborhood. Up til 2010 can say since. I see ppl trying to sell homes for 130k with boards in the window. Get real bank of america

Old 03-20-2013, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,164 times
Default A place I never liked to call home!

This place was so bad. I lived there in 2010-2012. while living in this place my back door was pryed open, thank God I had a wooden post on the bottom holding it shut. We woke from the night hearing gun shots twice and put our kids in the hallway down on the floor, away from the windows. There once was an armed group of officers marching through the streets with search blood hounds and hellicopters hovering over.Then the police were on some kind of chase and ran my mail box over and tackled my next door neighbor in the front yard. Somebody broke in my car, stole my ipod gps and video camera wich I left in there 1 time overnight (my stupid mistake) I just forgot it was there...and on and on and on!!!!!!! This is all true and sad for the kids who are stuck there. It was a complete disaster living there and I happy I got out!

Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 14,556 times
Oh I forgot my vehicle had been broke Into. IPod Rolex and sum cash. My bad as well. Called cops they cld never find my items. My husband was a deputy so not trying to knock s.o but damn! I live in a better neighborhood unfortunately its all over ...no matter what part of Brandon Riverview Apollo.....its always a mile away if not next door
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay