Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 05:01 PM

249 posts, read 440,573 times

Advertisements

i have just rented a furnished apart in Carollwoods, but there is no phone service.

i need a package including the 3 services. I have been suggested by the management company to go with Brighthouse. It would be $83/month. There is no contract.

I would like to know if someone has a better option to advise.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 05:39 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
If you use the search button you will find out that most on this forum like Bright House the best since their customer service is way better....there are tons of threads about Bright House compared to Verizon...

Old 03-23-2010, 06:32 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,298,376 times
With Verizon you'll be stuck with that contract, so if you move and their service is not available they will charge termination fees, STUPID, I hate that they do that...which is why my vote goes to Brighthouse too...we have 1 DVR box, internet and phone and pay about $130 a month, sometimes $140 if we rent any movies....
I agree with Verizon cust service for the TV/PH/Internet...I felt like I was at a car dealership dealling with really bad sales ppl...not to mention it took 5 minutes to get off the phone as I didn't want to hung up, so I politely said "no thanks" for 5 freakin minutes....I started to feel like she was going to bring the next manager as they do at TimeShare sales!!! LOLOL

Old 03-23-2010, 06:43 PM

ok, got it .

Internet is the most important to me, then phone, I almost don't watch TV, but I have rented for 7 months, so my options are limited. The service will be in the name of the owner, but I don't know what would happen with a contract.

But I thought in the US there were many companies???? There are only 2?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,654,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwyna View Post
ok, got it .

There are many throughout the US, but it depends on where you live. In NJ, were I lived before, it was Cablevision or Optimum. NYC had different companies to choose from.

We are happy with Verizon. The picture is better than Brighthouse. It is cheaper than Brighthouse. However, since you are renting and Verizon does have a contract (I think it is for 2 years), you are probably better off with Brighthouse. I do miss Bay News 9, 24 hour local news and weather.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,298,376 times
That's a misconception....each state has 2, maximum 3 providers, some have monopoly over larger areas......yeah, we wish there were more, that way there would be some fair competition and maybe we would have more choices as far as the channels we want to watch.....we pay for 100+ channels and only watch 2! because the majority have worthless programming......& are infested with reality Tv shows, one worst than the other! it's a disgrace what some channels broadcast!

But, if you're renting, then Brighthouse would be the choice since Verizon will lock you into a 2 year contract........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwyna View Post
ok, got it .

Old 03-24-2010, 09:24 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
I wish there were more too...I don't understand why prizes have gone done for cell phone use, since more and more people started to use one and the prizes stayed the same...

Old 03-24-2010, 10:35 AM

I used to live in Canada, I moved out 11 years ago, there were many companies in competition there at that time, so I thought it was better in the US now.

I will go with Bright House then, thanks a lot

Old 03-27-2010, 01:50 PM

30,422 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Brighthouse has been pretty good. Only had the modem go out two times in the last two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay